[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookin - Thanks for letting us know so we can be praying for you and besides this forum is a good diversion for you during this difficult time. Take care.

Comment

Hi There ladies, thank you for your kind words, yes, I can see where endurance is the key word these days. Thank goodness for quilting and the companionships that go along....Okay, I feel much better, I now know where we are with our exchange, things happen and it will be so exciting when our packages arrive! As for my foodie name...Vegan Eggplant Tagine with tons of kale and a "Bam" of smoked paprika...I eat a plant-based diet and have had tons of Eggplant and kale coming out of my garden all ingredients remind me of the color of my reels..love the smoked paprika part in color and taste! Thank you all again. Carrie

Comment

Cookin, I hope your husband feels better and recovers from his illness. it's good to have people to share this with. I'll keep him in my prayers.
        Kathy

Comment

Carrie, so sorry to hear about your husbands illness. I hope that he makes a good recovery soon. Best wishes to you and all your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookin
            Hi There ladies, thank you for your kind words, yes, I can see where endurance is the key word these days. Thank goodness for quilting and the companionships that go along....Okay, I feel much better, I now know where we are with our exchange, things happen and it will be so exciting when our packages arrive! As for my foodie name...Vegan Eggplant Tagine with tons of kale and a "Bam" of smoked paprika...I eat a plant-based diet and have had tons of Eggplant and kale coming out of my garden all ingredients remind me of the color of my reels..love the smoked paprika part in color and taste! Thank you all again. Carrie
            That has to be the longest reels title yet!

Comment

My reels are dark red and I think I'll call them Sun-Dried Tomatoes. All these food names are making me hungry.
              Carrie, I hope everything goes well with your husband. He is in my prayers.
              Susan

Comment

Mine are peach dumplings and key lime pie. Peach and lime colors.

Coast of South Carolina USA
                Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

Rosemary,
                  Are you going to start charging for storage for all these reels your hiding somewhre in your house?? Pls give advance notice, so I will buy less fabric and save my pennies! (which will now become extinct here in Canada, by the way, as of last week - they will no longer produce them!).

Coast of South Carolina USA
                  Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

:shock: You mean that my Canadian penny collection might be important someday ? :lol: Well..I think ours will follow
                    in the future !! :cry: How things change!

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
                      Rosemary,
                      Are you going to start charging for storage for all these reels your hiding somewhre in your house?? Pls give advance notice, so I will buy less fabric and save my pennies! (which will now become extinct here in Canada, by the way, as of last week - they will no longer produce them!).
                      Lorna has a much larger 'temporary stash' than I have, still at least it helps with the insulation until summer (ahem) comes. :wink:

How are shop keepers going to cope without pennies? sounds weird!

Comment

Rosemary--losing the penny is weird but they said everything will be rounded up or down to .05 cents for cash. Not sure if that will happen if you use plastic. Speaking of plastic the Canadian mint has now released a polymer 100 dollar bill and the twenty is coming next I think. They are really weird and feel like fake money but are to last longer and be harder to counterfeit.

My reels were blue and I am really having a hard time thinking of a recipe name for them but they do remind me of blueberries.

Comment

My reels were Butterscotch drops and the orange ones were orange marmalade.

Comment

But haven't the Brits gotten rid of some of their 'olde' money too? Like the halfpenny or something? About 15 or 20 years ago?

Comment

That is true, the 'hap-nny' (half penny) went sometime in the 80's, but it had got to the point that even the hap-nny sweets cost 1p so in some ways it was becoming naturally obsolete by rising prices.

Comment

My reels are orange sherbet.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 180 users online. 0 members and 180 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X