[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from the Cincinnati Quilt Show. Took me a day to try to catch up at work and another day to catch up on all the new posts/pictures here. The quilt show was really nice. We had a lot of fun (as we always do). Took two classes this time and became interested in the Shiva Paintsticks. Will be trying them on a project soon. Of course they make it all look so easy, but I will see how difficult I can make.
    Still waiting for my reels also, but have another project to work on (ok several other projects). Is this normal for their mail to be so slow?
    Well back to work. Not sure which hat I will be wearing, cause we have our own paving business and I am the only one in the office so I get to do whatever needs to be done. I like being here by myself and I bring my two dogs to work with me so I am not lonely.
    Everybody have a great day,
    Lori

Comment

You all are crackin' me up today !ROTFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Lori -- My son and DIL and darling grandbaby live in Covington. We will be there for Miss Harper's first birthday the end of June. DIL and I are going to the sewing/quilting expo in Sharonville and DS got DH tickets to the Nascar race near Louisville. Should be a fun weekend. My DH is very excited. Do you live near Cinti?
        Ok, I am now awake and home from the breakfast club/quilting group and I have to go to work. Everyone have a wonderful day. You guys made it so much better today. Also, I would also take a reel short and just make one to add to it. Please don't agonize over the lost package. I feel bad for the gal whose reels are missing.

Sharon -- now awake after much caffeine in Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by LoriReid
          Still waiting for my reels also, but have another project to work on (ok several other projects). Is this normal for their mail to be so slow?

Lori
          Robyn's came at warp speed of 4 days and Maree's came in at a reasonable speed of 8 days - go figure :?

Comment

Rosemary,

I would gladly take mine one shy also. I have left overs from the lot I made.

Comment

Rosemary and Lorna,
              I don't mind a bit if my reels are one short. Let's just take the pressure off and call the missing package lost. No worries!

Comment

Dear Sisters;

Does it mean if you haven’t rec’d your package yet we aren’t getting one?

Worried :roll:

Comment

[quote="sewengel"]-- My son and DIL and darling grandbaby live in Covington. We will be there for Miss Harper's first birthday the end of June. DIL and I are going to the sewing/quilting expo in Sharonville and DS got DH tickets to the Nascar race near Louisville. Should be a fun weekend. My DH is very excited. Do you live near Cinti?

Sharon,
                  I'm sure you will all have fun. I live in eastern Pennsylvania. My girlfriend and I took 4 1/2 days off to go to the show and have some fun. Sometimes we just have to get away and our DH's don't mind.
                  Lori

Comment

I am in Group C - are those the only ones not mailed back yet? I don't mind beng 1 reel short either.

Comment

No worries!! One short is fine with me too.
                      Lori

Comment

I have just realized that as I am down for two groups then I would be 2 spools short - but that's okay too Rosemary.

Comment

Rita,
                          I am in the same boat but like you I agree it is ok.
                          To minor of a thing to worry about.
                          I just made your Irish Tea Brack again (ok - it's the third time I made it) and used dried apricots in place of some of the raisins. Excellent. Just love the recipe.
                          Lori

Comment

I agree that I also don't mind being one short. During the SoTTT exchange, we waited & waited for JoJo's HSTs to arrive and to this day neither JoJo nor I have ever seen them. They probably fell behind a shelf somewhere in a post office and may never be found.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by LoriReid
                              Rita,
                              I just made your Irish Tea Brack again (ok - it's the third time I made it) and used dried apricots in place of some of the raisins. Excellent. Just love the recipe.
                              Lori
                              Great to hear it Lori. I love Apricots too!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverOwl
                                Dear Sisters;

Does it mean if you haven’t rec’d your package yet we aren’t getting one?

Worried :roll:
                                No it means that it isn't posted yet :roll:

I've heard from Robyn (Toni's quilting friend), that apparently the Post Office have managed to to lose her airmailed parcel, but she is making another set, unfortunately she was down with a cold when last seen/ heard from.

If I don't hear from her over the weekend, I will look at subbing in reels from the spares for those anxious to start fondling their reels.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 414 users online. 0 members and 414 guests.

Most users ever online was 415 at 12:29 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X