[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, We dont hire help either... It just takes to long to train them....and most dont want to work... equipment and repairs are just to expensive...It's all family here...I have been on night hawk many, many nights. This has been a God Send Winter for us, hardly any snow or blizzards to deal with. What a change for once... it was a good winter, almost too good! yes your saying is very true... I agree! My uncle had a huge feed lot yrs ago and I always laughed at him he would step outside and take a deep breath and say, "smell that money"! I would just pinch my nose shut from the feed lot smell, not any more... I just say a little prayer that the wind will change directions LOL!

It will take us 2 days to get to Eureka from moms and it takes me 6 hours to get to moms from the ranch... Do you know who Kay Handy is? she designs patterns for Jackie Robinson... anyway we are staying with Kay she is a family friend...

I went to the cattle womens mtg last week and found out that about 93 % of the farm bill our government makes goes to pay for food stamps and food/health programs for schools and welfare and so forth, only about 7 % goes to the farmer/ranchers... And most of the American public think it comes to us... when in reality it is going to those who don't raise any food.... Crazy isnt it? I had no idea where all those billions of dollars went...

Comment

Bren -- I saw on the member blogs that you received your reels. What group are you in? I am anxiously waiting for mine down here in Colorado. I think I am part of the group with the slow boat from China. Love hearing about the ranch stories. I grew up on the western slope of Colorado where my dad raised peaches, but both of my parents grew up on dairy farms.

Sharon

Comment

Sharon, I love the idea of 'raising' peaches! Do they start out as babies and then mature into adult peaches? When do they leave home - 18? 21? :lol: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
          Sharon, I love the idea of 'raising' peaches! Do they start out as babies and then mature into adult peaches? When do they leave home - 18? 21? :lol: :lol:
          :lol: 8) :lol: :lol:

Comment

Ok you smarty pants quilters. It was 5 a.m. when I posted that and I was not awake. My dad grew peaches. Oh brother... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sewengel
              Bren -- I saw on the member blogs that you received your reels. What group are you in? I am anxiously waiting for mine down here in Colorado. I think I am part of the group with the slow boat from China. Love hearing about the ranch stories. I grew up on the western slope of Colorado where my dad raised peaches, but both of my parents grew up on dairy farms.

Sharon
              Sharon I am in the Rot Wott exchange. the reels I call them cotton spools. Can you tell me if you can see my photo on the blog?

Comment

Sorry Sharon I may have misunderstood you, you asked ("what group are you in")? Hummm I'm probably not in a group... are you saying there are groups on TQS? If so OH NO! I'm a loner! EEEKKK! now I'm biting my nails.... Rats... Can you help me get in a group I do not know about this! Are there lots of groups? How do I get in a group? It is raining her today so I get to spend most of the day inside so my sewing machine is calling me.... Can youtell me can you seee a photo on my blog?

Comment

Sharon

Oh I get it now... Daaaa, I thinkI was in groups "C"... Do you know how you are going to use yours? I am planning another one... I love how Posey did her drawing with the spools dancing around the outer boarder and was trying to imagine my next top with spools that are star strcuk and represent the night skies out here on the ranch! I think I can make it work but it is a work in progress and I would rather sew... HeeHee!

Comment

Sharon

Sharon, OMG my cousins all go to CO and bring back trailers full of boxes of peaches, and they sell them to everyone, WE LOVE CO PEACHES! tell your folks for me "THANK YOU for growing a wonderful food for the rest of us" My slogan is:
                    "Support a farmer/rancher, it bets the heck out of starvation!"

Comment

Bren, I saw a photo on your blog. It was one where you had all the spools laid out with their labels still on. As for which group you were in there were different groups according to whether you were in the first lot who signed up, the second etc. There are no other groups on TQS apart from the other exchange groups like SoTTS (and the heavy metal group called the TQS Elastic Band :lol: - ah no I just made that up!)

Comment

Bren - no photo, but I am in group B - so maybe I will get mine soon. Have a fun day sewing. I haven't planned yet how I will do my quilt yet. I am in a morning breakfast club/sewing group every other Thursday and it sure is fun, but I always have to leave early to go to work. Have a great day everyone.

Sharon -- who is now kinda awake.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                          Bren, I saw a photo on your blog. It was one where you had all the spools laid out with their labels still on. As for which group you were in there were different groups according to whether you were in the first lot who signed up, the second etc. There are no other groups on TQS apart from the other exchange groups like SoTTS (and the heavy metal group called the TQS Elastic Band :lol: - ah no I just made that up!)
                          Thanks Rita I figured it out after my first cup of coffee .... it hit me group... group....group.... OH DAAAAA***** Group "C"... That was my group... I was relieved that there wasnt other groups I was suppose to be in and wasnt... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking Beginner kindergarden quilters group, or middle school quilters group or way above my head quilters group! (that would have been my group) or the group for those who "dont get it right away"
                          Now I am totally ops: ops: ops:

Comment

Ok you smarty pants quilters. It was 5 a.m. when I posted that and I was not awake. My dad grew peaches. Oh brother... LOL
                            :shock: I didn't know that 5 a.m. existed :wink: But then I am allergic to mornings :lol: - my whole family will vouch for that! and if left to it's own devices my body will revert to it's own body clock of 26 hours rather than everyone else's 24, which can be a bit of a nusiance :roll:

Comment

:cry: still no parcel from Aus. and am still trying to contact Toni

Comment

Hmmmm! Must be something up - and no way of finding out :?: I hope she's okay. In the meantime I would be happy to receive my spools with one short - I can easily make up another spool myself. Or, if you have a few leftovers, why not include those in people's bundles. Just a suggestion.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 363 users online. 0 members and 363 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X