[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way whoever made the block that is 5th row down from the top and the 4th one over (browns with a dark black spot which is a coffee cup) it has a little coffee cup in the fabric. I love this block and I love coffee so it is one of my fav's!

Comment

WOW!! Bren, it looks great!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
        Originally posted by Millboroquilter
        Originally posted by maree7316
        I admire anyone doing cathedral windows. I started once and was going to make a quilt. I made two windows and made a pin cushion. Never again. I would love to be in another swap. Can it be another of Edyta's. Have you all seen her new fabric range. Called "over the raindbow" by Moda. Boy is it eye candy. Maree Tasmania
        Do you have a link to Editas new fabric line? I would love to see them! Bren
        Check out Edyta's video here:
        http://modafabrics.blogspot.com/2012...ced-bread.html
        Thanks for the link Margo. Her fabrics are to die for! wow is she like me... COLOR, COLOR, COLOR! Thats the way I like it!
        Bren

Comment

Bren your quilt looks wonderful! I can't believe you have the top done already. And all the spools look so fantastic. Now I am getting really excited.

Comment

Way to go, Bren! Can't wait to see your pictures!

You can actually do the buttonhole embellishment either way, but if you wait until after the quilt is sandwiched the buttonhole stitches will show on the back.
            Because of that, most people do the buttonhole before it's sandwiched. In fact, it's really easier if you do it before you add the borders to the quilt!
            So, if you haven't attached the borders yet, you might want to do the buttonhole stitching first so there is less bulk to manage.
            That holds true for whether you are doing it by hand or machine.
            Of course, if you already have the borders attached you can either just go ahead with it, or consider taking the borders off for the embellishment.

Margo I am thinking I might use that smoked monofillament thread and drop my feed dogs and do a little zig zaggy around the outer sides of the applique and "BOOM" take it to the long armer! What do you think about this idea?. I am wishing I had done it before I put the boarder on... what do you think about this idea?... Hummmm. no I like it finished and everything matched up., so I think I'll do the monofillament thread...

Comment

Bren, I love your quilt! I can't believe what you can accomplish between your mid-wife shifts with the cows! Hunker down, stay warm and don't blow away! I hear some of that weather is headed for Wisconsin, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                Bren your quilt looks wonderful! I can't believe you have the top done already. And all the spools look so fantastic. Now I am getting really excited.
                Thanks...

Comment

You can actually do the buttonhole embellishment either way, but if you wait until after the quilt is sandwiched the buttonhole stitches will show on the back.
                  Because of that, most people do the buttonhole before it's sandwiched. In fact, it's really easier if you do it before you add the borders to the quilt!
                  So, if you haven't attached the borders yet, you might want to do the buttonhole stitching first so there is less bulk to manage.
                  Of course, if you already have the borders attached you can either just go ahead with it, or consider taking the borders off for the embellishment.

Margo I am thinking I might use that smoked monofillament thread and drop my feed dogs and do a little zig zaggy around the outer sides of the applique and "BOOM" take it to the long armer! What do you think about this idea?. I am wishing I had done it before I put the boarder on... what do you think about this idea?... Hummmm. no I like it finished and everything matched up., so I think I'll do the monofillament thread...

Bren, check out Patsy Thompson's classroom here: learn/classrooms/

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                  That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

WOW-ZER !!!! Is that a beauty or what ? Now , I'm really aggravated at that postal
                    service from Australia !! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by SpiritsFold
                      Bren, I love your quilt! I can't believe what you can accomplish between your mid-wife shifts with the cows! Hunker down, stay warm and don't blow away! I hear some of that weather is headed for Wisconsin, too.
                      Thanks, Yes it is amazing what you can get done with a little bit of time... I got my Olivia quilt almost finished too. in fact I finished the binding at Quilt Guild mtg today...(photo) I hope you do not get this nasty weather stuff. I talked to DD in Iowa and it is headed for her... Worried about it... cause she is in an apartment... I hope it misses her!

Comment

Originally posted by idaho
                        WOW-ZER !!!! Is that a beauty or what ? Now , I'm really aggravated at that postal
                        service from Australia !! :evil: :evil: :evil:
                        OOOOHH Dont be mad... If I could I'd send some of my extras to you... Antisipation is a wonderful feeling... way better than being mad!

Comment

Bren, check out Patsy Thompson's classroom here: learn/classrooms/

Oh Margo I wish I had seen this video before... While I was waiting for my blocks I could have had all that done before the blocks got here. I can see it would be much better to do it before I put the quilt together.... now I will have to ponder if I should take it apart or try to do it while it is attatched. I love the effect of differant threads and the batting she used was wool but I do not have wool out here on the ranch... I only have cotton and poly do you think they would work? Thanks for sharing this link I need more time to watch these they are very good!

Comment

Bren, I love it!!! It's beautiful!...Doreen

Comment

Thanks Doreen.

Comment

Oh, Bren...not mad....just wish that boat weren't soooo slow ! I have lots of other projects in the queue
                                that need doing...so will wait with everyone else ! in great anticipation ! Hope everybody dodges the tornadoes.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 377 users online. 0 members and 377 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X