[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there are a few of us who are forum junkies Terrie, you are not alone. And even when I am really busy I still like to dip in and out to see what's going on.

It never crossed my mind to start working on a border. I haven't even figured out what my background fabric will be. Nor have I decided on the overall design. Well that's something else to become preoccupied with. :roll:

Comment

I usually check the site a couple of times a day. The first place I go is the forum and click on "view new posts" that way I keep up with the latest chatter. I haven't started anything as I am waiting for my reels to come back. I was hoping that somewhere there would be directions on how to make the spools as I have never done one before. I don't know the measurements for the sides or the tops so if someone would share, I'd be grateful. I'm trying to get my daughter and son-in-law's double wedding ring quilt done.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
        I think there are a few of us who are forum junkies Terrie, you are not alone. And even when I am really busy I still like to dip in and out to see what's going on.

It never crossed my mind to start working on a border. I haven't even figured out what my background fabric will be. Nor have I decided on the overall design. Well that's something else to become preoccupied with. :roll:
        I've got all the tops of my spools finished and ready to sew on my spools when they get here. I am just wating for them to come, While it is calving season here, I can check cows and go and sew for an hour or two depending on wheather or not one of the hefiers or older cows are thinking about getting down to business or not, then go sew some more and then go check again and if I need to stop and pull a calf, well then I just dont get in as much sewing. But my quilting studio is just up the hill from the heavy pasture so I don't have far to go back and forth. I just jump on the 4 wheeler, drive threw the herd, check on the new borns and then back to sewing. I just hope we dont get another blizzard when they come then I will not get to work on them until the weather gets better.... Why you may ask... because change in weather patterns make the babies come even faster and you have to be there to make sure they get up and their mommas take care to lick them off and they get their first milk right away. Other wise is it not good... And when you are calving out hundreds of cows and hefiers you have to be diligant and organized... So I hope for the mail to bring them to me on a good weather day! :lol: And March 11th is day light savings time change again, we get to spring ahead...

Comment

Well here's hoping for fair weather until after the spools return to you Bren.

Comment

Well here's hoping for fair weather until after the spools return to you Bren.

Thanks And I hope everyone has good weather. This tornadoes thing going on is horrible. :cry:

Comment

There are many reasons I don't quilt/sew when I should, and many distractions! But, I have to honestly say, I've never had to "pull a calf"! Scare a bear, maybe. Shoo a squirrel, sometimes. But, NEVER have I pulled a calf! I guess I'm more of a city slicker than I thought! :wink:

Dawn
              In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

100 or so cows having babies!!!! I'm praying for good weather....Doreen

Comment

You're amazing! Love hearing about what's going on at the farm, especially this time of year. You sound like my 'retired farmer friend' Carol Timmerman, who keeps us up to date about her family's dairy herds. Sometimes when we're at her farm quilting on her frame, she has to leave to check some heifers! We've all become more educated about life on a farm.
                  Praying for good weather for you and the moms and babies. Barb Jansz, Elizabeth, IL

Comment

Originally posted by Millboroquilter

I've got all the tops of my spools finished and ready to sew on my spools when they get here. I am just wating for them to come, While it is calving season here, I can check cows and go and sew for an hour or two depending on wheather or not one of the hefiers or older cows are thinking about getting down to business or not, then go sew some more and then go check again and if I need to stop and pull a calf, well then I just dont get in as much sewing. But my quilting studio is just up the hill from the heavy pasture so I don't have far to go back and forth. I just jump on the 4 wheeler, drive threw the herd, check on the new borns and then back to sewing. I just hope we dont get another blizzard when they come then I will not get to work on them until the weather gets better.... Why you may ask... because change in weather patterns make the babies come even faster and you have to be there to make sure they get up and their mommas take care to lick them off and they get their first milk right away. Other wise is it not good... And when you are calving out hundreds of cows and hefiers you have to be diligant and organized... So I hope for the mail to bring them to me on a good weather day! :lol: And March 11th is day light savings time change again, we get to spring ahead...
                    We are back to 'pulling' again!, First it was 'pulled pork', now it is 'pulled calves' - I just hope they are not related :wink: :lol:

It reminds me of the old rhyme

Wind the bobbin on.
                    Wind the bobbin on.
                    Pull, pull.
                    Tap, tap, tap.

I would do the actions, but it is a bit hard to when typing :roll: :lol:

Comment

Ok so I just watched show #609 (AWESOME) and then poped back to the main "Daily Blog" page and I said to myself, "self, I REALLY, REALLY love the teaching videos on The Quilt Show", then I said to self, "Self what is it that you don't like about The Quilt Show?" Self replyed with, "I don't like the puzzels, I wish I could delete them so they are not in my way". So what do your like the best and what can you live without?

Comment

I LOVE the puzzles. They keep me entertained when I'm on hold a phone call at work.

I'm glad there is something for everyone!

Kathi

Comment

I love it all! I esp love the FORUM! and that I can watch my videos over and over, LOVE the BOM's, love the classroom, and the projects pages.

I don't do the puzzles, I just ignore them, and scroll past. Same as I do if any one particular thing doesn't interest me.

My least favorite area is the Quilt Gallery. I wish there was an easier way to search for a quilt. I rarely know the screen name of the maker, and I certainly don't know the number of the quilt! There are over 18,000 quilts in there, and I never go there to look at them. It's a shame really. I wish we could search by quilt genre like 30's, or civil war, or log cabin, or Stars for a New Day, or Mariner's Compass, etc.

Comment

I really don't know if this is allowed, so I'm sorry if I am breaking the rules, but my son just sent this to me, and I Laughed Out Loud! If anyone has ever had a mother, you'll understand! (Or been a mother!)
                            Terrie

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...c&sadssc=1

Comment

Crocus999 - The link didn't take me to anything - just a Google login screen.

Comment

I'll try again.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 268 users online. 0 members and 268 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X