[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.S. I have forgotten her name but one of our US Astronauts was a quilter & even took some fat quarters with her on her space flight which she put into a quilt when she came back to earth! Quilting probably kept her grounded (hee hee) :lol:

l/Barbara
    -------------
    Oh, I know the answer! Jan Davis and she wears her gold pin proudly. (silver pins are for NASA astronauts that finish training but don't go up in space).

Oh, the reels look so pretty. Thanks Lorna and Rosemary for a sneak peek.

Comment

Originally posted by LoriReid
      Lorna, I can relate to the 10 year plan project. My friend got me started on my first quilt project in 2007 and I have 14 of the 20 machine appliqued blocks done. It was block of the month but now she calls it my block of the year. So as I see it I still have 6 years to finish the remaining blocks. HA
      Hope one of the packages is mine that was sent last week.
      Lori
      Oh good! I am not alone! I started the TQS BOM last year, and am now stuck on month 3 because it is all hand applique. Not needle turn, but still hand applique. I have used Ricky's Stable Stuff! Then life just sort of got in the way.

Lorna, I love what's on your design wall too, and can appreciate all the work that has gone into the applique! That's going to be a beautiful quilt!

The reels look great! You have obviously received quite a few of them already! My back hurts just looking at them and thinking of the bending it took to lay them all out. Oops! I'm showing my age here! :wink:

And, I have to say, ALL of you have put together some really wonderful spools! I will cherish every one of them! (Now I am sorry I only signed up for 41!)

Dawn
      In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Originally posted by Scoopie
        Originally posted by LoriReid

...And, I have to say, ALL of you have put together some really wonderful spools! I will cherish every one of them! (Now I am sorry I only signed up for 41!)

Dawn
        In beautiful Northwest Montana
        Dawn--I am doing the same thing as you. I get looking at all the beautiful reels and think I should have made more (I was originally #7 to sign up) but then I remind myself of all the other projects spinning around in my mind and that the 41 beautiful reels will make a wonderful quilt to remind me of all of you here at TQS.

Comment

My reels went into the mail today. The postal worker said that I didn't have to fill out a customs form because the package was under a certain weight and was being sent to an APO address. It cost $5.15. I included $6.00 in my package to cover return postage; and no, I don't want change back. Also included two fat quarters. Can't wait to see what I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishquilter
            Lotti's green reels in the forground are the same number as Maureen's, but ever so much flatter! from Rosemary.

Mine obviously hasn't been pressed down very much by the post office as I am only up over the mountains and round the corner from Rosemary so only had less than 24 hours to travel. Wish I could do to my body what Lottie's done to the reels :lol:

All of the reels look terrific.
            by lotti » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:58 am

oh maureen, so do i - hmmm, now where to find my seams to fingerpress open - not so sure if i want the hot iron and steam shot though? but could try posting myself somewhere stuck in a ziplock and an envelope. on second thought, i kind of like breathing and have enough problems being in an elevator that i don't think i'll enjoy the ziplock-envelope experience... will just have to stick to flatish reels instead and enjoy life as it is

sooooo look forward to getting my batches of reels - oh yeahhhhhhhh
            Actually I think that the difference was due to the starching techniques, Lotti's were very firmly starched and the seams 'told' what they were doing with no chance of arguing :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
              So Terri you are expectant for two things now! I have had two little girls and everything had to be pink, fluffy, glittery and hearts for years! That phase was replaced with witches, fairies and elves. My 17 year old is still partial to anything to do with fairies and elves. I think she might be a changeling herself :lol:
              Yes but have you ever gone shopping for clothes with a small girl who has just declared that shes doesn't like pink! a complete nightmare - but also a short lived declaration, fortunately :lol:

Terri, congratulations and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Millboroquilter
                I just cant stand this "WAITING"!
                The suspence is just killing me!
                I keeping hoping for a surprise package in the mail box.
                I dont walk to the mail box now days... I RUN!
                There is just nothing to look forward to out here on the ranch but work!
                Blocks please come soon!
                I am inside screaming, BLOCKS! BLOCKS! BLOCKS!
                How much longer will it be???
                :cry:
                Seeing as the closing date for getting the blocks in by is not for another 11 days, you've got a little while to wait yet :mrgreen:

(By the way would you be interested in some dried frogs pills to get you through the waiting period? see here for details http://forum/i-need-quilting-related...ing-onto-quilt )

Comment

Originally posted by RiverOwl
                  Originally posted by PosyP
                  Latest News From Headquarters

So far 71 sets of reels have been received.

However, included in that has been
                  1)a set of strips - unsewn reels :?
                  2)a mis-count - one under :wink:

Apart from that things seem to be going along quite nicely - and many thanks to those of you who have offered to take up the recently vacated spots, so that we have a full quota of 123.
                  Dear Rosemary;

Ah, sorry about being one short - oops: ops: ! Never would know I had a double major of Math & Science, would you :roll: ? I was wondering where that reel came from that was sitting on top of my koala cabinet, oops ops: I will get it in the mail to you beginning of next week along with an extra fat quarter gift to say I am sew sew sorry! Glad someone can count :lol: Just got back into Town; we made an offer on a new house around Greenville, SC area. Now about the little detail of selling this house :P ! I tried to answer your e-mail on my i-pad while we were out of Town but I don’t think it worked; please don’t think I was ignoring you, oh wizard :lol:
                  L/Barbara
                  I was trying to spare your blushes, but at least we found out the answer to your 'spare'.

Although it will be interesting moving house, I don't envy you packing up your sewing room (and everything else!) and your other half finding out how big your stash really is :lol:

Comment

Oh Rosemary;
                    How did you know I was hiding fabric?? You really are a wizard

Comment

http://www.superiorthreads.com/music/quilt-stash-song/

Sorry, couldn't find the other version with the dishy hubby in the video!

Originally posted by RiverOwl
                      Oh Rosemary;
                      How did you know I was hiding fabric?? You really are a wizard
                      You're a quilter - therefore you have fabric, therefore you have lots of fabric, stashed away out of sight from hubby :wink:
                      Or as we used to chant in the playground ' It takes one, to know one!' :lol: :lol: 'Simples!' as Alexander Meercat would say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0mXUC0cUPg - yes it is a car insurance advert, but it has a lot of fun spin-offs and is nearly better than watching some of the soaps! (correction it is better than watching soap operas!)

Comment

This is a photo of the second set I made which is to fill in for someone else who unfortunately couldn't participate. I have been away for a few days and just need to put the labels on and then post them to Rosemary.
                        How do you like Cranachan – a Scottish pudding made with honey, oats, Scotch whisky, raspberries and cream :?: :wink: :wink:

Comment

Such beautiful, delicious and perfect morsels, Maureen... and Cranachan... another dish I am learning about! Cheers, Renata

Comment

Hi Ladies,
                            I am one of the unfortunate ones who had to bow out. Thanks so much for filling my gap. I fractured my shoulder and can not sew. :cry:
                            Still following the forum and living vicariously through all of you.
                            They all look yummy!

Comment

Karen, Sorry to hear of your mishap. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
                              Lori

Comment

Originally posted by sugarmuffin57
                                Hi Ladies,
                                I am one of the unfortunate ones who had to bow out. Thanks so much for filling me gap. I fractured my shoulder and can not sew. :cry:
                                Still following the forum and living vicariously through all of you.
                                They all look yummy!
                                Oh Karen, what a thing to happen to a quilter. We are all sisters here so everyone helps everyone. I hope you have a speedy recovery and are able to get back to sewing soon.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 219 users online. 0 members and 219 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X