[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margo, glad to hear from you. Take your time and join in when you are ready. Know that we are all keeping you in our prayers. Love and hugs from us all.

Comment

Oh Lynn, how lovely!! I really like the birdhouse idea and thank you for sharing with us and sharing up close photos! I think I'd love to make one too, maybe a smaller size than a quilt! If you decide to market it as a pattern - I want one!

Comment

Lynn--your birdhouse quilt is wonderful. I love the design.

Comment

Margo, I'm glad to see your post- take your time, we'll be here. Here's a big hug for you (:

Kathy

Comment

Will get mine in the mail tomorrow - cocoa and plum punch

Comment

Lynn,
              Very nice birdhouse design! As soon as I saw the design, I knew it would be the right one to make to hang in my house. Beautiful memories of the reel/spool exchange.
              Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Lena your spools look gorgeous too! Oh this gets more exciting by the day.

Comment

Rita,
                  This is a different topic, but just saw your version of the Sedona Star. Looks really nice. I am doing the whole quilt in the brown/tan colorway they suggested. Going good so far, except I am out of the Ricky Tims Stable Stuff and can't find anyone that has it in stock. That's disappointing cause I am at a stand still now. Oh well life goes on.
                  Lori

Comment

Lori,
                    You can buy stable stuff on Ricky's web site, rickytims.com
                    I just got my first package at the seminar in New Orleans. Can't wait to try it.
                    Karen

Comment

Thanks Karen, Last time I looked he didn't have it, but now they do. Lori

Comment

Thanks Lori and good luck with the rest of the Sedona Star. I am done with it now - I just wanted to see what it would be like to do paper piecing and cut out circles by hand. Got the hang of it and I am happy to move on to other things now.

Comment

Cocoa and plum punch, my kind of colors everyone's reels look soooo pretty! I can't wait to see what comes in my package!

Comment

Lynn,
                            The birdhouse quilt is lovely...are you sharing the pattern. I'm thinking of combining the reels and the HST's in to the same quilt and I think this would work for both.

Comment

Thank you again for all of the kind comments about the birdhouse quilt! ops: Yes, anyone who would like to use it is welcome to it. I often have a hard time understanding precisely what people mean, my own personal failing. When people ask about a pattern for the quilt do you mean using what I've posted or are you interested in specific instructions for the blocks and assembly, etc? All I've done so far is what I've posted. When I make a quilt I tend to just start with a thought like the sketch I posted and wing it from there. I'm not sure if other people do that, too, or if specific dimensions and instructions are usually used. I can produce specifics and post them in the projects section here on TQS if that's appropriate or what someone would prefer. I sort of feel like I just took Edyta's style and modified it to incorporate a subject that appeals to me so I would never charge anyone for anything! Please let me know if I should put instructions in the projects column. And thank you again!

Comment

Lynn,
                                You are a very talented lady, probably more talented than you give yourself credit for. :!: I say 'good for you".

I often 'adjust' pattern to my own tastes, and most people probably do that too. Right now I'm working a few project at a time, and the ones that I've 'put myself into' seem to be the ones I go to to work on the most. I have a project with many detailed instructions, and I know to achieve the results, I need to follow those directions precisely - I realise that it's not as much fun as the ones I tweak a bit. It's been on the shelf for a few years, to tell the truth. :roll: However, I made a quilt in a weekend once, that just started with a few 2.5 inch squares sewn together, and it grew over the weekend into a full sized quilt. I like that one the best of the ones I done so far.

Don't stress about producing the directions for the birdhouse. Just have fun making it, and thank you so very much for sharing it.

However, if you keep on doing these brilliant things, start looking for an agent...or whatever it is that quilters do when they want to publish a pattern.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 172 users online. 0 members and 172 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X