[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nancy,
    Sweet Potato Pie is delicious/gorgeous!!!
    Renata

Comment

Yum, they really look lovely. Can't wait for all this food to come back to me!

Comment

Woo-hoo!

The first parcel has arrived from Australia - and it only took 7 days.

That makes a total of 53 sets of reels arrived so far

Comment

Originally posted by RiverOwl
          Nancy;

The are beautiful; love the name; Sweet Potato Pie!
          As a native Midwesterner (even thought I've lived in NC 15 years), I'm still amazed at all the intrinsically Southern foods down here...and all the different ways they have of preparing them! Sweet potatoes are actually the state vegetable, and to me, one of their best foods (I'll never like NC BBQ!) Nancy

Comment

AHH!! North Carolina. Two sons were in the Marines and stationed at Camp LeJuene which caused me to frequently drive down there to see them. I love the pulled pork sandwiches and now make a prok butt on the grill to make the same sandwiches. YUMMM
            Lori

Comment

I too live in NC. Have lived here now over 30 years (originally from NJ) and I am just now getting to like BBQ. But I sure do like Sweet Potato Pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I know what Pumpkin Pie is but I would really be interested to see a Sweet Potato Pie. I love sweet potato and coconut soup; sweet potato fries; sweet potato crisps (chips) - anything with sweet potato in them is good.

Comment

I heard sweet potato pie tastes like pumpkin pie, but dont know for sure cause I cant say I ever ate it (sweet potatoe pie that is) But those sweet potatoe fries ARE really good.
                  Lori

Comment

Originally posted by LoriReid
                    AHH!! North Carolina. Two sons were in the Marines and stationed at Camp LeJuene which caused me to frequently drive down there to see them. I love the pulled pork sandwiches and now make a prok butt on the grill to make the same sandwiches. YUMMM
                    Lori
                    So how do you 'pull' a pork sandwich? - sidle up to it and murmur 'Your crackling looks tasty!' or 'Do you prefer apple sauce or mustard?' :lol:

any chance of the recipe for your pork butt on the grill? It sounds like a good one for carnivores

Comment

Rosemary
                      It's delicious, but you have to leave it on for a long time on low (7 - 9 hours) then when you take it off the grill you take a fork and just pull or shred the pork put it on a roll and add spicy hot vinegar. When I get home from work I will get the recipe. I am so hungry for a sandwich now I am going to have to make a pork butt on Sunday. Definitely a weekend thing for me since it takes so long.
                      Lori

Comment

Rosemary
                        It's delicious, but you have to leave it on for a long time on low (7 - 9 hours) then when you take it off the grill you take a fork and just pull or shred the pork put it on a roll and add spicy hot vinegar. When I get home from work I will get the recipe. I am so hungry for a sandwich now I am going to have to make a pork butt on Sunday. Definitely a weekend thing for me since it takes so long.
                        Lori
                        I put mine in the crock pot. Put one in this morning so we could have it tonight. But I bet it is better on the grill.

Comment

So how do you 'pull' a pork sandwich? - sidle up to it and murmur 'Your crackling looks tasty!' or 'Do you prefer apple sauce or mustard?' :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or how about 'I'm seein' you and me sandwiched together'!

Comment

Oh my!!! Never knew "pulled pork" could be this much fun. :lol:
                            Lori

Comment

Originally posted by tbrown0307
                              Rosemary
                              Lori
                              I put mine in the crock pot. Put one in this morning so we could have it tonight. But I bet it is better on the grill.
                              Theresa, I did one in the crock pot Monday...and had the leftovers last night! However, instead of the "down east" NC vinegar flavoring, I cheated and used a McCormick's slow-cooker seasoning mix....very tasty and makes lots of wonderful sandwiches, especially topped off with cole slaw! Mmmmm....maybe we'll have leftovers again tonite! Nancy

Comment

So, I'm wondering if anybody did 'pulled pork' strips or what about 'coleslaw' strips I think we need to balance all the dessert-type strips with some good pulled pork, or what about roast beef? Lazagna anyone? Maybe we'll need to do a main meal quilt and then a dessert quilt?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 303 users online. 0 members and 303 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X