'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lotti
    beautiful cherries - mmmmmmmh cherry pie

we had our "soupday" at the office today - a really good turn-out - and everyone enjoyed themselves - so YEAHHHH

manufactured the baked fruit salad, used apples, pears, pineapples, oranges and bananas, added a little wild forest honey (mmmmmmmmmmh), & lemon juice - baked about 25 minutes - had 3 large dishes of the stuff and they were all gone soon the vanilla greek yoghurt topping went down very well - next time i'll have to double the amount of that still have a little vegetable and a bit of goulash soup - just enough for the marketing dept. lunch tomorrow (well for the three of us that will be working)
    Lottie, sounds really delicious, my mouth is watering already and I haven’t even tried it yet.

Comment

For anyone in the UK wanting Edyta's book we have it in stock at the QS I work at... Quilters Haven... I won't link to it as I am not sure it is allowed... I just thought I'd mention it for those having problems...

I was so sorry to hear of Margo's loss... sounds like she has a strong spirit and good family to pull her through.

Comment

Oh yum! I love Cherry Pie and the baked fruit salad also sounds wonderful! Your makin me hungry!

Comment

Sandra, those cherry pies look wonderful. Is there any alcohol in that mix? Hic!

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
            by Reetzbobeetz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:56 am - Seriously though, I don't think that anybody should feel pressurized into producing a delectible dish for the book if they don't want to.

I agree, we are all coming here for a bit of fun, and if it wasn't fun we wouldn't be here. If you can match a recipe to your reels, all well & good, if you can't match the recipe to the reels but it is a good standby recipe that you return to again & again also good.

Perhaps we ought to have categories such as 'Minimum faff', 'Moderate faff' and 'Chuck it & duck - it usually works ok for me!' 8)
            Agree & heartily second that thought, Rosemary!
            No "hafta's" here!! There are tons of recipes out there. And, I am ready, willing & able to figure out whatever
            needs figuring!!
            So, no worries, whatsoever!

Comment

Originally posted by Knotenufthyme
              I was so sorry to hear of Margo's loss... sounds like she has a strong spirit and good family to pull her through.

Has anyone heard from Margo? She's missed on the forum. Hope all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
                Debbie - I googled clafoutis because there is beginning to be so many things food related on this forum that I don't know about, I was embarrassed to ask. But thank you for your humility!
                ops:

I even mixed up Robbie Burns with Guy Fox! oops! They have a day for him too!

Maybe we could come up with a few uniquely Canadian things...?
                We always can revert to poutine or how about long johns! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Quilty204
                  Originally posted by Knotenufthyme

Has anyone heard from Margo? She's missed on the forum. Hope all is well.
                  If you go to the Prayer List Forum you will see that she did a quick post, updating us today.

Dawn
                  In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Wow, Sandra! I love those reds! Your spools look so deep and rich!

And, just for the record, also well known in this area are the Flathead Cherries! The lake here is Flathead Lake (largest natural lake west of the Rockies) and the surrounding area is Flathead Valley. The east side of the lake grows awesome cherries and during the summer there are cherry stands all around the lake. So, I basically live in huckleberry and cherry heaven! But, the season is short!

Dawn

Comment

I like the idea of Poutine Debbie, we don't have that here. How do you pronounce it? Our nearest 'Chipper' sells 'Cheesy Chips' which my kids love with curry sauce - yeuck! And is/are Long Johns doughnuts or whiskey or something else?

Comment

Rita, just wait until Debbie tells you what Long John's are...my lips are sealed. Didn't know they were so "Canadian" LOL

How about a Loonie?

Comment

Okay well long johns here are mens underwear that cover the legs completely - a bit like leggings. And a loonie is somebody who needs to be in a loonie bin! Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                            Okay well long johns here are mens underwear that cover the legs completely - a bit like leggings. And a loonie is somebody who needs to be in a loonie bin! Right?
                            Hi Rita. We do have a few Canadian idiosyncrasies. We have many loonies (one dollar coins) and twoonies (two dollar coins). The loonie was named because of the loon on one side and the twoonie rhymes with loonie but is worth two dollars--crazy eh! Poutine (prounouced poo-teen) is a wonderful chips (fries), gravy and cheese curd concoction! And long johns---a rectangular donut thing with frosting. It is called a maple bar in the US if it has maple frosting but here they come with all kinds of frostings.

I am sure looking forward to the reels because I think they will definitely be just as deliciously beautiful as all the food names imply!

Comment

If you go to the Prayer List Forum you will see that she did a quick post, updating us today.
                              Dawn

Dawn,
                              Thank you! A Wonderful list.

Comment

Originally posted by tbrown0307
                                I have a confession for all of you! I do not cook. ops: I do not like to cook! ops: Oh, I prepare the meals, but simplicity is the key! A good piece of meat, a fresh veggie, and a salad.

Dawn,

I can't say that I lile to cook. I do it because the kids will go hungry if I don't. Meals at our house are simple like yours and I have to say the crock pot is my friend. Just throw the stuff in in the morning and it is done when I get home at night.
                                i have to agree i dont cook either i have a DH that cooks and i have been told if dad goes away they will starve!!
                                love toni

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 414 users online. 0 members and 414 guests.

Most users ever online was 415 at 12:29 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X