• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh..It's got to be 5 o'clock some where..we are global, right ? :mrgreen:

Comment

Or the Sotted Wot Rotts! Geez, this is a fun group! :lol: :lol:

Love it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Comment

it's actually just past 6 pm here ... so get out those drinks and enjoy testing.

rita, once you're sober again - i would really really really love to have the recipes for both the spinach soup and the brown bread - i'll walk for miles for good soda bread since i had my first proper irish brown bread at a great little B&B who knows where (i think it might have been on dingle) a long long time ago

Comment

I'll second that !!

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
            We can have a mini group!! The Wot Rott Sots! :lol: :lol:
            :lol: :lol:

Count me in!!

Comment

I'm officially raising both hands to volunteer to be part of the "Reels & Recipes" book team!
              I have a great recipe for 4 Berry Pie (cranberry, blueberry, raspberry & blackberry). And I
              don't see any reason why Dawn's wonderful Montana huckleberries couldn't be part of the
              mix! It might work for some of the reddish-blue colors.
              Y'all have sewn some of the most beautiful combos of colorful blocks! I can't wait to get
              them!!

Comment

Originally posted by lotti
                rita, once you're sober again - i would really really really love to have the recipes for both the spinach soup and the brown bread - i'll walk for miles for good soda bread since i had my first proper irish brown bread at a great little B&B who knows where (i think it might have been on dingle) a long long time ago
                Funny that, I just took these loaves out of the oven! The one on the right is 'Brown Bread' and the one on the left is a white soda with onion seed. One of these days I will do a blog with photo instructions to make it easier. The great thing about Irish soda bread is that it helps absorb the alcohol. :lol: :lol: Hic! ooops. :wink:

Comment

Looks wonderful Rita.

Comment

Roseanne, I'd be happy to work on the book with you. The hardest part will be Rosemary's part taking pictures of each one. By my count, it will 123 (but I'm not sewing or cutting today because I'm sick) but I could be wrong. She said she would do it and send me a disc. So if you want to e-mail me recipes I can start getting them organized. Be sure to give me your screen name and your real name and the name of your reel or reels. One of mine is butterscotch and I have a great recipe for butterscotch cookies. The orange marmalade will be more difficult to come up with something because the only thing I put it on is toast.

Frances

Comment

Oh Rita, that bread looks fantastic. I hope you can send us the recipe before the book comes out!

Kathy

Comment

Hi Rita, although I have lived in Scotland for a while, I was born and raised in Belfast until I married a sailor and moved away to live in different places.

I remember my mother making Soda farls and having them with our Ulster Fry for Sunday breakfast. Every time we went home (I still think of it as home and myself Irish) we brought back soda and wheaten bread, potato bread, pancakes and delicious Irish bacon. – lovely comfort food. :lol: :lol:

Comment

I think I've just put on 10 lbs. and I'm just a bit tipsy ops: reading this forum 8) . Since mine are "key lime pie" I will come up with a good recipe to include--just give me directions of who and where to send--along with the picture I took of my reels if that helps.

Comment

Oh man! Where is the smell-o-vision button??? :mrgreen:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I feel like I've just tuned in to the food channel! Also, I'm reminded (with all of these Sotts amoung the Wot RoTTs :wink: ) of that episode of Lucille Ball doing the Vitamagic (or something like that) commercial, where she gets quite tipsy! :lol: Best episode ever!

Dawn
                              In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

I'm not even taking part in this exchange, but I am having such fun reading this thread about all you foody alcoholics :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW the spools are all looking pretty good too :wink:

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 217 users online. 0 members and 217 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X