[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Fellow Rot Wott’s;

My e-mail notification of postings quit for some unk reason & I missed the last 3 days of excitement :lol: You guys have been so busy :roll: My answers are

Beautiful
    Yes
    Count me in &
    Why not?
    LOL

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Hi Yirsa .......... I did notice that you called your tequila sunrise also. I tried to come up with a different name .... but tequila sunrise just fit so perfect ( in my mind ). I am in group C --- which are you in ?.
      I have been debating on starting the tops and bottoms of the reels ...... but should I ? I think I may need to have the reels here to chose the background . What do you think ?.

Comment

Edyta's original spool/reel quilt has scrappy spools! I plan to make mine all the same and have starched my fabric and background, but haven't started making the ends yet.

Comment

Margo ......... I am wondering if I should start before the reels make thier way back here. I would like to start on those ... but then I have to chose my background. Hmmmm should I do it ????

Comment

I mailed my reels today and I'm off to Outer Banks, NC tomorrow. Thanks so much for the tutorials and sorting. I've been finishing up my Tree Of Life from Edtya's book. On the appliqué portion now. I enjoyed the kick start on the spool quilt. Can't wait to see all the different eye candies. My reels are raspberry swirl brownies!
            Love all the different colors everyone is using. I'll be so hungry when I see the sorted reels.
            Jean :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by debbydo
              Margo ......... I am wondering if I should start before the reels make thier way back here. I would like to start on those ... but then I have to chose my background. Hmmmm should I do it ????
              Deb, it's up to you. My background choice is limited to what is in my stash. I was able to find a neutral piece with enough yardage and decided it would work just fine.
              If you want to wait to audition your background fabrics, that will certainly work too! Just have fun and enjoy the process!

Comment

Margo ......... I agree and want also to use what is in my stash. Therefore I should perhaps begin to gather these reels. Perhaps this weekend I can sort through my stast and start cutting!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                  Edyta's original spool/reel quilt has scrappy spools! I plan to make mine all the same and have starched my fabric and background, but haven't started making the ends yet.

I was thinking about making all my spool ends out of one fabric too. I'm hoping I have enough fabric on hand for them and the background. I still need to make my reels. Yikes! ops: I'll try to get them together this weekend. Also, now I don't know what number I am. ops: :roll: ops: Originally I was 11b, but I remember Rosemary saying she moved some b's to a's, and I just read someone's post saying they were 11a and 11b, so now I'm confused. :? :? :?

Comment

Originally posted by debkendall

I was thinking about making all my spool ends out of one fabric too. I'm hoping I have enough fabric on hand for them and the background. I still need to make my reels. Yikes! ops: I'll try to get them together this weekend. Also, now I don't know what number I am. ops: :roll: ops: Originally I was 11b, but I remember Rosemary saying she moved some b's to a's, and I just read someone's post saying they were 11a and 11b, so now I'm confused. :? :? :?
                    Debbie, I don't think it matters what number you are as long as Rosemary has you listed on her spreadsheet. The numbers don't really mean anything except that Rosemary has us all counted so the correct number of people are participating. Relax and have fun sewing!

Comment

Debbie, I'm sure they can look up you number, but for anyone who has not sent in blocks yet, please include your number if you know it!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiritsFold
                        Originally posted by debkendall

Debbie, I don't think it matters what number you are as long as Rosemary has you listed on her spreadsheet. The numbers don't really mean anything except that Rosemary has us all counted so the correct number of people are participating. Relax and have fun sewing!
                        To start with I said that the numbers were just a way of making sure that I had the right number of people in each group and that was it, however as we expanded to 3 groups, I am finding that they help to make it quicker to find people on the list, so that I can record when parcels have been posted & arrived etc. Also I have people listed by screen name/personal name next, which means that when it just says 'Bren' without any other clues I am hunting around and scratching my head as to which 'Bren'.

The reason I want to know posting dates is so that we know who we are expecting and can keep a bit of a track of them. After my last year's Sottts experience I feel that this is important. (I posted my hst's first week of march, one week later I posted the Sorting hats. About 1 week later the Sorting hats arrived, the hst's didn't arrive until 9 April! :? )

Deb, I'll resend your number now.

Comment

Oops, sorry. ops: :cry: Didn't mean to give out incorrect info! ops: :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by SpiritsFold
                            Oops, sorry. ops: :cry: Didn't mean to give out incorrect info! ops: :cry:
                            Thanks for helping & don't worry (you missed my toes!), the info was correct! It is just that since I gave it out, I have found things have changed a bit since I lasted posted 'techie-nical' stuff :wink: as opposed to frivolity 8)

Comment

I 'm hoping to get my reels in the mail today. This has been so much fun reading everyone's posts and I'm so glad I could be part of it. Thanks for all the great info. I can't wait to get my reels back and see where they all came from. Thanks Rosemary and Lorna for all your work.
                              Susan Griffith

Comment

For the Recipes & Reels book, I don't mind undertaking to scan all of the reels, with & without labels as TIF scans. Since the are all going to pass through my hands (& I have a spread sheet & I am not afraid to use it :twisted: ) it would make sense for me to do them.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 50 users online. 0 members and 50 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X