[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, all my strip sets came out the wrong size. Must have knocked my quater in foot some how. Now I will start over. Sigh.............

Comment

Too big? Too small? If too small can't you just add another strip? If too big, can't you just cut it a tad smaller...or remove one strip?

Lorna

Comment

They are at 5 inches, Thought of removing one strip would that be ok I don't want mine to be that much different than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorna1021
          Too big? Too small? If too small can't you just add another strip? If too big, can't you just cut it a tad smaller...or remove one strip?

Lorna

I had that happen with some of mine. On those I took out a couple of seams and re sewed instead of starting over.

Comment

trying a signature...

Comment

Originally posted by vickimoss
              They are at 5 inches, Thought of removing one strip would that be ok I don't want mine to be that much different than the others.
              When mine came out too big I took, i.e. cut off, an 1/8” off each end so they would be even. It worked; you may have to do it more than once but I would start off with just 1/8” to be sure you don’t cut off too much!

Comment

Originally posted by vickimoss

For what it's worth, I would rather have them come to me too big than too small!!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Too big is not a problem with me either.

I've finally got all mine sewn, washed half of them in synthapol, rinsed, third rinse in some starch. Scrubbed off my cutting mats (and boy did they need it!) and laid them out to dry, carefully straightening & stretching them to size - a bit like Joyce is doing with her blocks but without the pins, because they don't need much stretching, more of a push. Then when this lot are dry, I can get on with the other half. Unfortunately because of the washing etc, they are a right hairy-arsed bunch of....reels :roll: Still I am getting there

Comment

How is the easiest way to get to this page?
                    I go to the daily blogg
                    scroll way down to where it tells about joining the echange
                    go way down below the quilt picture to where is says HERE in blue
                    click on theword here a
                    and then I cnt rememebr but finally get to this page.

When I go to the forum the choice of "Join the Wot RoTT Exchange-Winding on the Reels of Tangled Threads is bot there so
                    IS there an easier way to get to the Wot Rott Exchange posts or not?
                    Bren

Comment

also where is the chat room? Or is there one?

Comment

Originally posted by Millboroquilter
                        How is the easiest way to get to this page?
                        I go to the daily blogg
                        scroll way down to where it tells about joining the echange
                        go way down below the quilt picture to where is says HERE in blue
                        click on theword here a
                        and then I cnt rememebr but finally get to this page.

When I go to the forum the choice of "Join the Wot RoTT Exchange-Winding on the Reels of Tangled Threads is bot there so
                        IS there an easier way to get to the Wot Rott Exchange posts or not?
                        Bren
                        Absolutely Bren! There are a couple of ways to do this. You can look on the purple bar (top of every page) and find FORUM.
                        From the drop-down menu, click on FORUM.
                        On the Forum page, just click on one of the two places that say: View New Posts

(Click on these screen shots to see them larger)

Or....from the Forum page, scroll down to the "Scrap Bag" topics and click on "Friendship Triangle Exchange".
                        I know that sounds weird, but this exchange came about as a result of some earlier exchanges.

ALSO....I use Google Chrome as my ISP and made a link directly to the Forum on my tool bar (?) or "favorites" list. That way, it's just one click to the page I want!

Hope that helps!

Comment

Margo, Thanks, I found it that way too. Maybe this exchnage should be under the title; "exchange" or "Wot Rott Exchange"?

Where is the chat room? or is there one? I noticed a place that says how many members are on line... Wondering about that?

AlsoI know I have emails because I have read them... but I can not figure out where I was to get them and I cant figure out how to get back there? On the purple bar there is no place that says "Mail"... I'm lost!#$^^#*$^%#$%#^&()(*& GIRRRRRRR :x

I must be lossing it!

Comment

Never mind, I fold it...

Comment

Originally posted by Millboroquilter
                              Margo, Thanks, I found it that way too. Maybe this exchnage should be under the title; "exchange" or "Wot Rott Exchange"?

Where is the chat room? or is there one? I noticed a place that says how many members are on line... Wondering about that?

AlsoI know I have emails because I have read them... but I can not figure out where I was to get them and I cant figure out how to get back there? On the purple bar there is no place that says "Mail"... I'm lost!#$^^#*$^%#$%#^&()(*& GIRRRRRRR :x

I must be lossing it!
                              When you get an e-mail from a TQS member through your profile, the message will either be in that e-mail, or there will be a link taking you to the message.

To access PMs (private messages) sent through the PM icon below your avatar (profile photo) on the forum, just click on USER CONTROL PANEL at the top left of the forum page, then click on the tab for PRIVATE MESSAGES, then the INBOX.

Sorry, but I can't help you with the chat room. I am a charter member, and I've never been there!! :shock:
                              It's all I can do to keep up with the forum and Member Blogs!! :lol:

Comment

I always just click Forum, then View New Posts. Easy Peasy.

User Control Panel inside this forum area has lots of sections: you can edit your signature and picture there, read and send messages there, and other fun things.

I have never seen a Live Chat area/button on TQS. Anyone seen one??

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 141 users online. 0 members and 141 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X