[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in on the fat quarters for Lorna and Rosemary!! I think it a way to thank them for their work on our behalf and then they will have fabrics from their TQS friendss for another project! Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by RiverOwl
      Thanks,
      I have looked at it twice though & didn't see how many spools a fat quarter of each color would make?
      Barbara, if you use 8 different fat quarters you could make about 60 "reel" blocks cut 3-1/2" x 4-1/2".

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
        Originally posted by RiverOwl
        Thanks,
        I have looked at it twice though & didn't see how many spools a fat quarter of each color would make?
        Barbara, if you use 8 different fat quarters you could make about 60 "reel" blocks cut 3-1/2" x 4-1/2".
        And if you are using WOF, I'm getting 12 reels from each WOF, so I am using 4 cuts of each fabric.

Frances

Comment

Barbara, I didn't see an exact amount of yardage either, but 1 fat quarter of each color should be plenty. If your LQS cuts 1/4 yards pieces that would be enough to do it Margo's way. Full width of material. With the fat quarter, if the width after washing is over 21 inches, you will be able to get six sets out of one strip. So, you will need 7 one inch strips. If the fabric after washing is less than 21 inches you can get five out of each strip, so you will need 9 strips. That leaves about half the fat quarter for something else. I hope this isn't too confusing. Sometimes I know what I want to say, but it does't always come out the way I want it too. Maybe it's an age thing? :wink: I used to have a plaque that said: "Listen to what I mean, not what I say." So true for me. Drives my DH crazy. :lol:

Comment

Thank you all so much! I have fat quarters that are in a teal color. I haven't seen anyone say they were using teal so I will make mine in teal. They are old THimbleberries fabrics. They should be perfect.

Comment

I think that you will get all of your spools out of 8 fat quarters. I am not certain about that because I used some fat quarters and some WOF pieces. But I didn't run out of any of the fat quarters and I made 82 spools. Rita.

Comment

And Barbara, don't forget to wash and starch them first. The wash is to make sure that nothing runs when we put them all together and the starch - well it makes the piecing of such narrow strips sooooo much easier. Enjoy your stripping! Rita. :lol:

Comment

done I am ready to cut! Thanks for the reminder though!

Comment

I'm waiting to see if I made it into group B. I hope you like olives and pink cotton candy. I wanted to try a different piecing method so decided to make another set today. Now I just have to decide how I want to make the labels. I like Margo's way but adhesive labels would be faster if you don't mind having them on your block. Then I wouldn't have to do any more sewing. They would need to go on the front as they would pull the threads loose from the back. And I need to find 2 fat quarters. Now to get back to other things.

Comment

I like the idea of adhesives lables, also! No more sewing, and then I don't have to unsew later! Actually that's pretty much what I was set up to do!

Dawn
                      In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

I'm concerned that the removable ones might fall off in the sorting process. Does anyone object to the permanent ones? They aren't permanent on fabric and stick much better. I've used them for templates and have kept them on my fabric for months without any problems. Some of the fabric fibers may remove with them but the sticky doesn't stay on the fabric.

Comment

Originally posted by ajclapp
                          I'm concerned that the removable ones might fall off in the sorting process. Does anyone object to the permanent ones? They aren't permanent on fabric and stick much better. I've used them for templates and have kept them on my fabric for months without any problems. Some of the fabric fibers may remove with them but the sticky doesn't stay on the fabric.
                          I'm not familiar with these "permanent" ones. Could you gives us more information about them, like who makes thems, etc.

Dawn

Comment

An idea??? What if we wrote our names etc. on freezer paper and just tapped a bit down with the iron on a strip set to stick it? - then the person just has to peel it off?
                            Terrie

Comment

Originally posted by Scoopie
                              Originally posted by ajclapp
                              I'm not familiar with these "permanent" ones. Could you gives us more information about them, like who makes thems, etc.

Dawn
                              3M, Office Depot, Avery, Post-It. I usually get the full sheet labels to print templates on. The packages are quite expensive though so if you don't already have some you probably wouldn't want to use them. The 2x4 mailing labels would be less likely to fall off than the smaller ones.

Comment

Thanks, Annis! I do not have what you have mentioned, but will test whatever I use to make sure it can travel, be sorted, and travel back again, without losing it's lable.

Dawn

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 260 users online. 0 members and 260 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X