[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scoopie
    Being as how I am only doing one set of 41, the logical way for me to mail these, is to have two stacks of 20 (21) which fit perfectly into a 6" x 9" manila envelope, without any distortion. Is this okay? My mind is not able to wrap itself around how to mail one tall stack of 41, without having a really distored small envelope.

Dawn
    In beautiful Northwest Montana
    Whatever works for you, is fine by me.

I've just tracked down my american cohort, who has temporarily fled UK (I didn't think the weather had been that bad!), and am discussing about ways & means for sorting out the return postage payments. I will keep folks updated once we have sorted things out a bit more.

Comment

Dear Rosemary;

Is it too late to join in?

Barbara
      Bluffton, SC

Comment

Originally posted by RiverOwl
        Dear Rosemary;

Is it too late to join in?

Barbara
        Bluffton, SC

Barbara, in case she doesn't see this post, please send her a PM as described here: http://forum/friendship-triangle-exc...-rott-exchange

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Dear Fellow Wott’s;
          I am 35a; woo hoo! I just couldn’t resist after seeing the posted fabric spools! They are beautiful! I had my nose to the sewing machine finishing all my UFP (unfinished projects) which were plentiful! Hence; I now have to catch up on all the posts. I will review my fabrics tomorrow and let ya'll know my colors. For now I am signed up for one set to see how long it takes me. I have never pre-washed fabrics before but will review Margo’s link. I love her videos so I am looking forward to learning some new things! I have to say I am so proud though because I finished the last of my four mason jars for the Granddaughters (in time for all their birthdays too!) and even finished a log cabin quilt that was pinned for seven years! Thanking ya’ll for your enthusiasm and encouragement! Talk to you later!

Barbara
          Bluffton, SC

Comment

I will be doing set "A" in a selection of lemon Yellows. Fabrics are washed and starched,
            drying overnight. Set "B" might be in maroons, if they stop bleeding, they are in the
            washing machine again, see what happens!

Margarita in Auburn, California

Comment

I would like to join too....I've been working long hours and have almost missed seeing this....is it too late?

Comment

Got my fabric today - my colorway is magenta. Now I need to think of a "foody" name for it.

Comment

Sounds like this is going to be a delicious quilt! Seems like lots of yellows too! Lemony custard, caramel, cheddar...yum. Magenta? Black rasberies when they're squished?

Comment

I think all participants ought to send one extra "reel" for Rosemary for organizing this exchange. It takes a lot more work than one would think !

Comment

I just finished my first set of 41. It wasn't hard, but working with small pieces from my stash made it more troublesome. The next set will be from some nice new fatquarters. That should be alot quicker and easier.
                      Now, I need to put the sewing aside for a week or two. We are getting new flooring in the bedrooms (3), and I have a week to empty the rooms for my husband to remove the old carpeting (very old) ops: ops: and the old doors. We will be sleeping in my sewing room during the mess. All the bedroom contents will be in the dining room if it will fit. My computer is here too, so I will need to leave a path to it. Well, it is almost 1am here so I am off to bed. Goodnight all.

Comment

Originally posted by dlquilter
                        I would like to join too....I've been working long hours and have almost missed seeing this....is it too late?

Dana you need to send an email directly to the white hamster - 'PosyP'.

Comment

Originally posted by msquiltlady
                          I think all participants ought to send one extra "reel" for Rosemary for organizing this exchange. It takes a lot more work than one would think !
                          Marilyn, I made sure that my name is at the top of both lists and I set it up to make sure that I got the reels that I need from my friends here at TQS for the design that I fancied doing. Don't have any plans on what to use for the spools yet though as my quilting stash is quite small so far and mainly consists of pinks, greens and a jelly roll of brights.

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                            Originally posted by msquiltlady
                            Marilyn, I made sure that my name is at the top of both lists and I set it up to make sure that I got the reels that I need from my friends here at TQS for the design that I fancied doing. Don't have any plans on what to use for the spools yet though as my quilting stash is quite small so far and mainly consists of pinks, greens and a jelly roll of brights.
                            In that case, I suggest that we each send Rosemary a fat quarter of fabric to round out her stash!!

Comment

So be it ....done. One fat quarter ;-)

Comment

This is going to be sooo much fun! Just have to go through my stash and find enough matching colors!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 266 users online. 0 members and 266 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X