[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Margo - you were up early! I actually trawled the forum last night looking for your test and finally found it. Didn't you do a video version of this on TQS? Where has that gone to? Anyhoo I have sorted out my seams and am well on the way now. 20 done and 21 to go. Rita.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
      Thanks Margo - you were up early! I actually trawled the forum last night looking for your test and finally found it. Didn't you do a video version of this on TQS? Where has that gone to? Anyhoo I have sorted out my seams and am well on the way now. 20 done and 21 to go. Rita.
      Thanks Rita! I had forgotten about the video! ops: http://daily-blog/103-good-advice/14...-seam-accuracy

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Yes that's the one! I never know where to find these things when I want them. But I think that I have now put it into my favourites so that I can find it again when I need it - which I probably will :roll: Thanks again Margo. Rita.

Comment

Yes that's the one! I never know where to find these things when I want them. But I think that I have now put it into my favourites so that I can find it again when I need it - which I probably will :roll: Thanks again Margo. Rita.
          Me too, Rita! For some reason that video does not come up when I do a search on the Daily Blog for 1/4" seam allowance, so I have also added it to MY FAVORITES.
          I have requested that all my videos be added to my Classroom links, but so far they haven't been put there.

Comment

Yes the Classroom is where I was looking and where I expected to find it. Maybe the powers that be will make it happen soon. Rita.

Comment

I have mine done now. It looks very florid now that they are all together. I had no stripes or checks in greens (hmmm must do something about that 8) I am going to check if I have enough of the same fabrics and if I do I will send off a request to Rosemary to double it.

Comment

oh, i'm loving all these color combos - fab fab fab - i so look forward to this quilt

Comment

I starched fabric this afternoon for my second set of reels, and laughed when I thought that it reminds me of variegated King Tut thread! :lol:
                  I'll post a photo when they are assembled.

Comment

.....so there I was, lovingly putting the final polish on to a most excellent (even if I do say so myself) & long post and bleh! (it wasn't even exciting enough to be a ping), Bleh - I lost all connection, all my exquisite prose - poof! disappeared into the ether, never to be seen again!
                    'Wussan-dussan-dussan' as Muttley would say (The Wacky Races cartoon, for those who need the reminder)

7 hours later I am reconnected and will endevour to re-assemble my thoughts and try to re-compose the original post.

Comment

Oh :idea: I thought that if we did 2 sets that they had to be the same ops:

Comment

Latest Update from Headquarters

At the weekend I bit the bullet and re-arranged the spreadsheet, putting everyone who wants to do 1 set of reels in group 'a' and those who want to do a second set of reels have their second spot in group 'b', so if your were originally in group 'b' you are now in group 'a'.

HOWEVER this will not make a blind bit of notice to what happens at your end! If you have received a number, you are signed up and there is no escape :mrgreen: - unless you have an excuse more imaginative than 'the dog ate my homework' :lol:

Current numbers Group a = 28. Group b = 7.
                        This exchange hasn't exactly gone 'virul' like last year's hst exchanges. Upon Margo's suggestion I have sent a request to Lilo & Mary Kay for a mention on the Daily Blog. We will just have to see what happens. If Group b doesn't fill up completely I am suggesting that those reels are done as a multiple swap (currently 6 of each, each) if you follow me.

A Bijou Saga-et

Before christmas I industriously starched & cut all my fabrics into 1"x 3 1/2" strips. I made a heap of half rectangle triangles as well & I then sewed them all into pairs, at which point I divided them into 2 sets. I then set about joining pairs into 4s, only to discover that I had a bad case of 'The Staggers!' for which the only know cure is the application of a pointed instrument :shock: ops:

It was at this point that I decided that there wasn't enough starch in my starching, so I made up a stronger batch and poured it in the bag holding the second set, then let it to soak whilst I went to feed the (mini) Hoard. When I got back to it the starch was pink :evil: Synthrapol here I come. :roll: So I laid all those pieces out on tea-towels on a tray and put them in the airing cupboard to dry. Yep, they dried beautifully.... & pasted together, another application of a sharp instrument, but in a slightly different fashion, sigh!

So back to the first set of pairs which are now 4s, they are all being double checked for size & alignment after each set of stitching/ pressing. Then when finished they will also need to be soaked in synthrapol to make sure that there is no further bleeding ( by the way I didn't get any pink transfering, except into the water, but not onto the tea-towels :? )

When I finally get one set of 41 reels finished I will take a photo to show everyone what is essential for putting in the envelope and I will be able to work out how much the return postage will be.

And the Moral of this Story - I am most definitely NOT the person to turn to for advice for sewing up lots of multiples of the same thing! :wink:

Comment

Oh :idea: I thought that if we did 2 sets that they had to be the same ops:
                          Not necessarily, I have a mixture of 10 prints & 3 blender batiks, but due to my sewing technique there are no 2 the same! So don't worry about it, 1 lot of 82 or 2 lots of 41, either way is fine, or as NaneeWolf put it last year - 'don't sweat the small stuff.'

Comment

oh rosemary, what a saga
                            but as some very smart ladies have said: "don't sweat the small stuff" - move on and enjoy !!!
                            i'm still quilting - but will get to those reels soon - a bunch of fabrics in the washing machine right now - hopefully i'll decide on what colours i want to go with soon and then...
                            yeahhhhhh :P :P :P

Comment

Oh Rosemary, Woe is you! What a 'staggering' tale - gives a new meaning to 'stick and paste'. But I am sure it helped to stiffen your resolve to get those little blighters whipped into shape or it will be the stiletto for them! :lol: Thanks for the update. Rita.

Comment

Bless your heart, Rosemary!! This is supposed to be the easy part!! I would love to offer to help with the sorting, but I would need to start swimming NOW! :roll:
                                Hang in there, kiddo! YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 216 users online. 0 members and 216 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X