[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Dear Jane Progress

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurray Margarita! You've really stuck with it.
    Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

It has been a long time, but Dear Jane is all ankered along the sashings, and border triangles.
      Now for next step, quilting the blocks. Starting today 8/22/13.
      Two blocks done today. (I wonder how long it will take me?)

Margarita
      Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Congratulations so far. Can't wait to see pictures

living in Central Denmark
        Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Just saw all the comments on Dear Jane. Rita, you won't go mad, just know it will take you years, not days to finish. Mine took 3 years, but I also had a goal to finish it. I completed it when our son came home from Afghan. but it wasn't quilted. It, for some reason, it a very rewarding quilt to accomplish. Margarita I am so impressed you are on the finish line. I am bragging here, my DJ is in a quilt exhibit at our State Capitol here in Colorado for 10 weeks. Haven't had a chance to go visit her yet but will in September.

Comment

Margarita, the best of luck with the quilting - you are amazing and I am so looking forward to seeing it completed.

Sharon, congratulations on completing yours, I would love to see it - do you have a photo you can post?

Comment

Rita if you go to my profile there is a picture posted. I made it with Civil War reproduction fabrics and muslin. If you decide you want to make yours with civil war fabrics let me know and I will send you mine. No block is the same with fabric or design. I did use some of the same fabric on the pie shapes. There are also quite a few sites with hints on the different block construction. Now I believe there is a DVD with the pattern, but not sure. I did a lot of paper piecing.

Comment

Wow Sharon, it is truly fabulous! It looks like you did white sashing in between the blocks, oh my! I love the colours you have used. It really is a labour of love isn't it. I guess one could do it a block at a time over a long period. I imagine that I would do paper piecing as much as possible and starch the livin' daylights out of the fabrics too! If anybody else wants to have a look at Sharon's quilt here is a direct link:

community/

Comment

Magnificent !! I've never seen one that wasn't !! :!: And I've never forgotten the first one I ever saw.....
                  Red and white...by a young woman who had never made a quilt before...done all by hand !! :shock:
                  Of course, it was festooned in a multitude of ribbons !! I don't think I'm gonna
                  get there in this lifetime !!

Comment

So beautiful, Sharon and I love the border--never seen anything like that. Three years? Wow, definitely love and commitment! Congratulations, Margarita, on approaching the finish line, look forward to seeing yours!

Comment

Sharon, yours is beautiful and quite an accomplishment!

Margarita, I totally love yours and can't wait to see it all finished!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 59 users online. 0 members and 59 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X