[vb_main_1]

Dear Jane Progress

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Jane Progress

I just finished the last block in row E. I hope to have the blocks stitched together and added onto my other rows by the end of the weekend. Then in my profile I'll post a photo to what is completed thus far..

I hope others who are working on Dear Jane will use this space to update us on their progress. I love to see everyone's work.

Marge with 65 blocks done and ??? more to go

Hi Marge, great idea!

I was just updating my "My Chart" in the DJ software last night. I have 35 blocks done, but they are all over the place. Finally decided to finish row M (don't ask why M cause I don't know) so have them all cut out and ready to sew in my Worm Binder. I think row A is done, but I'm visiting my DGD in NC right now, so don't have my actual blocks and for some reason don't have my pic of A1. ???? Life is chaos sometimes!

I have a partial long-distance shot of my DJ in my profile, I think..

Lynn

Comment

You do have a photo of your blocks. Great! Have fun with the grandaughter and then you'll be refreshed to tackle more blocks when you get home. Marge

Comment

Marge & Lynn,
        I have several DJ blocks printed on freezer paper and ready to cut and apply to fabric. I haven't worked on my DJ blocks in a while, but they are right next to my chair in the living room. ops:
        It's great to hear the progress you two are making.
        I will be taking my DJ tote to a quilt retreat the 2nd weekend in November and intend to make a dent in the blocks. I will report my progress when I have some. :lol:
        Otherwise I will keep in touch through the forum or you can contact me at mailto:the_winner_has_more_fabric@att.net. :wink:
        Have a wonderful weekend.
        Karen

Comment

I've only bought my books & software. I signed up for the DJ club w/ Stitchin' Heaven and will start in January. I'm so excited!! I hope the pkg arrives on 1/2/08. :lol:

Joyce
          Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
          working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
          Tired. 
          Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
          Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

Joyce, I hope you love starting your DJ quilt. The date caught my attention. I started mine on 1-1-98. It's hard to believe it's been 10 years. Enjoy!

Dana in Olive Branch, MS
            Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
            Tired. 
            Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
            Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

Uh-oh Dana... don't tell me 10 yrs! argh!!

I'm going to try to keep up. I've had 2 BOMs this year for the first time but they weren't too involved. Next year I'll have 3. DJ is 10 blocks a month, a pp one is 4 or 5 a month, and another regular size is 1 a month. I love that I have kept up this year. We'll see!

I'll need this progress check in. I've already fainted at the cost but there was no way to gather all the fabric either. So $$$ :roll:

Joyce
              Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
              Tired. 

Comment

:lol: Oh no Joyce, not 10 years to finish it :lol: ....I would never have lasted that long. It took me two years and about seven months of that time I didn't work on it. You'll do just fine. I can't wait to hear about your progress....

Dana in Olive Branch, MS where painting the kitchen is not nearly as fun as quilting for sure.
                Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                Tired. 

Comment

whew! Thanks for the clarification.

Joyce, who knows that painting her huge living room, entry, and hallway next week will NOT be as fun as quilting so is trying to squeeze in as much as possible. :lol:
                  Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                  Tired. 

Comment

Hi, fellow DJ & QD friends,
                    Last weekend was a cyber retreat for QD on the Yahoo Group for QD & DJ. I got one QD finished before the deadline.
                    I also layered and basted one Kid's Komfort Quilt, machine quilted one Kid's Komfort Quilt and machine quilted and put on the binding on two of my Alaska quilts for a maternity hospital in Alaska. I also machine quilted a table runner and a hexagon shaped table topper of tesselating stars that is called a wreath pattern. One busy weekend for this quilter.
                    This coming weekend is a cyber retreat for Quilt University. My plans are to finish the top of my Patchwork Party Spring 2007 quilt and apply the outside borders. :wink: I have one more Kid's Komfort to layer and baste and then I would like to machine quilt and finish the remaining 2 Kid's Komfort quilts.
                    I will let you know how it all turns out.
                    It may sound like I am a quilter with a one track mind, but I also did laundry, worked in the kitchen and did more straightening of my sewing/quilting room.
                    Right now I am full of energy and having the time of my life.
                    Have a great weekend.
                    Karen Wright in S.W. Ohio
                    Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                    Tired. 

Comment

I am contemplating on becoming a Janiac. What do you suggest to be the best way to start?

Buy the Book?

Join the Block of the Month 19.95 per month?

Buy the electric software?

Or something else.

Thank you
                      Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                      Tired. 

Comment

Originally posted by dogquilter
                        I am contemplating on becoming a Janiac. What do you suggest to be the best way to start?
                        Buy the Book?
                        Join the Block of the Month 19.95 per month?
                        Buy the electric software?
                        Or something else.
                        Thank you
                        It really depends on whether you want to choose your own fabric or use the fabric provided by the quilt store. I'm using the book and making freezer paper patterns to cut the blocks. That seems to be working quite well. The software won't work on my Mac without quite a bit of manipulating, so I'm not using that.

The choice you make really depends on your preferences and how you like to work. Making these blocks is so much fun that how you go about it is less important than just getting started and enjoying the process.

Marge.
                        Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                        Tired. 

Comment

Thank you.

I love your blue and white dear Jane. You have come a long way. When did you start?
                          Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                          Tired. 

Comment

Thank you. I started in June. Recently I've been quilting a DWR and not working on anything else. It is nearly quilted, so soon I hope to get back to making DJ's and the quilted diamonds.
                            Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                            Tired. 

Comment

What is a DWR?
                              Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                              Tired. 

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 51 users online. 0 members and 51 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X