[vb_main_1]

Dear Jane Progress

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI!

I plan on starting my Dear Jane in January too! I already made one block and one triangle. Come January I want to make at least 1 block a week.

I actually made several blocks last year but I made them the wrong size. I turned those blocks into a nice table runner for my dresser. I am hoping to made the queen size quilt for my bed to match.

Have fun with your journey!

Yvette

Comment

It will be fun to share and encourage each other through or Jane Journey. I am looking forward to the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by she-quilts
        I've only bought my books & software. I signed up for the DJ club w/ Stitchin' Heaven and will start in January. I'm so excited!! I hope the pkg arrives on 1/2/08. :lol:

Joyce
        I too have joined this BOM for the next two years. But I couldn't wait so for a test made six blocks this past november. Now I can't wait.

Nancy

Comment

I'm about 35 blocks into mine now - in between other projects. Some of the blocks are on my blog if you are interested. Do go to the DJ website @ dearjane.com and look around. It's the #1 resource!

Lynn
          quilterlynn.blogspot.com

Comment

I started my DJ quilt on January 1, 1998....can't believe it's been ten years. So this week I was looking around on the website, and Lynn is right, it is a great site with lots of tips and experiences from those who have made the quilt. I had not looked on the site in some time and was interested to see one of my blocks still posted there from ten years ago: http://www.dearjane.com/pics.htm When you click here, mine is the first block. It is one of the few blocks I hand pieced.....I loved learning, but did most of it by machine.

Good luck to all of you starting the project. I know you'll love it.

Dana in Olive Branch, MS

Comment

I have always thought that particular block was the most interesting choice of fabrics I have seen in the DJ blocks! Neat, now I "know" you!

Comment

I just completed the blocks in row G. A group photo is posted in my profile. Marge, more than 1/2 done with the center blocks of my quilt!!

Comment

woo hoo! And looking great it is! I'm just in process of getting back to mine with a vacation for some knitting.

Comment

Dana, I love those fabrics too. Nice work.

Comment

I just wanted to let you all know that I have picked up my Dear Jane blocks, after finishing other things. I finished A10, working on TR3 now. So I have 10 blocks and 2 triangles done.

Margarita in Auburn, CA

Comment

Yeah Margarita! I'm on B5 (I think) and have 4 triangles done.
                        Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                        working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
                        Tired. 
                        Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
                        Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

I got my TR3 triangle done. Starting to do A11 now. Sometimes it takes a while since i am doing other things too.

Margarita in Auburn, CA
                          Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                          Tired. 
                          Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
                          Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

I am still forging ahead on my DJ blocks. Some how the April block was switched with April 2009 and I have yet to do May. It isn't hard to catch up with the DJ's. I figure that I have all the time in the world to finish this quilt. It's for me to learn and enjoy.
                            Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                            Tired. 

Comment

Hi everyone!

Figured I don't have enough projects going at once, so I started my DJ this past weekend. I got 4 blocks completed and another 6 or so "set up" for hand applique. I plan to machine piece the pieced blocks & am using my yucky sewing machine, since the good one's in the shop, so that's keeping me away from the pieced blocks for now.

I can see why these blocks are considered addictive -- they are so much fun! I'm using the BOM's from Stitchin' Heaven, too, and I love the fabrics. I have collected 17 of the kits, so I guess it's about time I got to work! I'll post some pictures on my site!

Kathy ops:
                              Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                              Tired. 

Comment

Originally posted by dogquilter
                                Some how the April block was switched with April 2009 and I have yet to do May.
                                Hi Judy!

Did you do the April 09 blocks or just let them sit?

I'm about 1/2 way through March but my men are gone tomorrow morning so I hope to get quiet time to work.

I thought they'd be out for lunch but dh just said they'd be home. :roll: I need something in the crock pot! :lol:

Joyce
                                Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                                Tired. 

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X