[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Long Time Gone Sew Along

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I purchased the traditional bundle and was hoping to hear suggestions for the solid sashing and binding color. Is 1 1/3 yards enough?

Comment

We will be talking about the sashing and binding. With sashing on a quilt like this I generally wait until I have a portion of it pieced and then make that decision. I believe 1 1/3 yards will be enough for that.

Thanks for reaching out.

Comment

I really enjoyed your class. That fact that you actually do press not iron impressed me. There are so many ways to pin and I like your way, I had never seen that method before. I am looking forward to your tips as we travel through the pattern. Thank you. Now to decide if I want to use Civil War reproductions or 30's.

Comment

That's a tough decision. I think both would be delightful and very different from the original. Can't wait to see what you decide.

Comment

This reply by karonray has been deleted by karonray
            error

I was thinking that you might want to make the blocks for your lessons a different size that what is required in the instructions. By watching the mat, etc. often you can figure out what size with out buying the pattern. Just a thought.

It is wonderful to be back. Can not wait to see what everyone is doing. Happy, happy!

Comment

I couldn't decide if I wanted to make the quilt in 30s or mid 1800 type fabrics so am making two quilts. It will be fun to see the difference that fabric can make in identical quilts.

Comment

My long time gone. I did it with a group of quilting buddies we only had one "rule" we were only able to swap trade or use fabric from our stash it was a fun quilt to do and cant wait to see everyone's.

Comment

• soniasimone
                  soniasimone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That sounds like a ton of fun!

Dee your classes are so enjoyable. After a long week at work it's great to listen to such a calming voice. I've been quilting for over 20 years but have learned something new each week from you. Thank you for all your hard work.

Comment

Learning so much about piecing and color from Dee. Love the classes and having fun creating this quilt. Thanks for the pictures of the finished quilts

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 65 users online. 0 members and 65 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                  X