[vb_main_1]

Long Time Gone

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Time Gone

This is my first scrappy quilt and I’m loving it!

I still have to "get on board" but I am watching.....what a great teacher!! Thank you!!!

Comment

Here are my blocks so far!

Comment

• karonray
        karonray commented
        Editing a comment
        Laura, I like how you did your Jacob's Ladder block.

• 2star
        2star commented
        Editing a comment
        A beautiful job. Love your colors.

• SGraham
        SGraham commented
        Editing a comment
        They’re beautiful and show the block patterns so much better than Jen’s, Dee’s, and mine. I which Dee was spending some time discussing the block and color placement to highlight each block instead of repeating instruction each week about the Grid and pressing. I’m an experienced quilter and seeing your blocks makes me realize I need to study the block before choosing fabric. I will be remaking some of my blocks so I’m happier with the result. Thank you for posting your photo!!

I'm a little disappointed in how little activity there is on this forum. Half the fun of a sew-along is seeing everyone else's blocks and progress. Is anyone else working on this project? BTW-I found it easier to post my photo in the new forum as opposed to the old one. It's probably the only thing easier on the new website. :-(

Comment

• This comment by jptousley has been deleted by jptousley

jptousley
        jptousley commented
        Editing a comment
        Laura...hope to have finished this week’s block tomorrow and post progress thus far. I, like you, would love to see blocks others are working on. You have really interesting colors and fabrics. Thank you for sharing. Love them. Jackie

• glacerda
        glacerda commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. I’m subscribed to this forum but have never received a notification that something has posted. I also wish more time was spent on the block elements and design.

Just finished Trip Around the World! Thank you, Dee, for all of the tips and pointers you give each week. They are very helpful, and it is really motivating to know that a new block will be introduced each week. My plan is for a scrappy quilt, and I am pleased to see how the blocks are going together.
      Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by LauraL View Post
        I'm a little disappointed in how little activity there is on this forum. Half the fun of a sew-along is seeing everyone else's blocks and progress. Is anyone else working on this project? BTW-I found it easier to post my photo in the new forum as opposed to the old one. It's probably the only thing easier on the new website. :-(
        I, too, enjoy seeing other's fabric choices, blocks and progress! My own lack of participation lately is due to OLD technology meshing nicely with new website (which I am getting to love, btw!) End of life iphone and nearly a decade old laptop may just make a trip to the Apple store a pressing necessity! In the meantime, I am loving Longtime Gone and learning from Dee. I have been quilting since 1977, yet her tips and techniques are inspiring me into trying and learning something new. You are making great progress, I am caught up - except for any of those flying geese blocks...
        Last edited by terrils; 03-13-2021, 06:37 AM.
        -Terri

Comment

Originally posted by jptousley View Post
          Just finished Trip Around the World! Thank you, Dee, for all of the tips and pointers you give each week. They are very helpful, and it is really motivating to know that a new block will be introduced each week. My plan is for a scrappy quilt, and I am pleased to see how the blocks are going together.
          Nice color choices! Looking forward to seeing progress and finish!
          -Terri

Comment

Originally posted by glacerda View Post
            This is my first scrappy quilt and I’m loving it!
            Looks great so far! I am also leaning toward a gray or greige solid for my sashing. I decided that's what caught my eye when I initially purchased Long Time Gone pattern last year. Having Dee Christopher shepherd us along the way was my kick-start to get begin another project at the same time as the Color My World BOM.
            -Terri

Comment

I have been working a head and using Accuquilt to cut a lot of the pieces and EQ8 to print out paper piecing templates for the court house steps. I like Accuquilt because knowing that the cutting is accurate, all I have to worry about is my sewing. They even have a die for the triangle in a square. It is a lot of fun figuring out my way of piecing the blocks, like for the Trip Around the World I did it like a Bargello using only strips. With the isolation of Covid quilting is how I fill my days and I love it.
              Last edited by karonray; 03-13-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• glacerda
                glacerda commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks great. I am new to AccuQuilt and have been trying to figure out which dies might work. Maybe we can share info.

I miss see what everyone else is doing, I'm posting picture hoping that others will too.

Not sure if I want to put applique or quilt in the light block in the Civil War fabric. I had the Nine Patch there and disliked it enough to unsew and change it. In the 30s fabric I just skipped the special area and went for all plus signs. I'm having a lot of fun making these blocks but I enjoy the challenge of working with small pieces.

Comment

Hoping to get started today.... just got my book.

Comment

Here is my "Plus a Star" block. I've been a bit shy about sharing because I'm still quite the beginner and not so sure of myself. Put this has been fun going through this book. I would not have picked up this book to do on myself. but doing this quilt-a-long is like eating an elephant - one bite at a time. thanks to all who share their blocks.

Comment

This was very difficult to layout for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ngrasso13 View Post
                      Here is my "Plus a Star" block. I've been a bit shy about sharing because I'm still quite the beginner and not so sure of myself. Put this has been fun going through this book. I would not have picked up this book to do on myself. but doing this quilt-a-long is like eating an elephant - one bite at a time. thanks to all who share their blocks.
                      Nancy, I really like your Plus a Star block and the fussy cutting of the one block really is awesome. This quilt is quite an accomplishment for a beginning quilter, as an experienced quilter I am drawing on a lot of what I have learned to get the blocks to finish the correct size. I'm glad you shared, I enjoyed seeing.

Comment

• ngrasso13
                        ngrasso13 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you for your kind words. I'm learning a lot. Figuring out what fabrics to use is probably the biggest time sink for me. Trying to visualize what the whole quilt will be affected by the choice. Yikes! ;-)

Originally posted by sewskeel View Post
                      This was very difficult to layout for me.
                      Sewskeel, I like how you handled the area around your star block, it almost looks like the pieces fell from the pluses to make the star. Agree that it was a difficult block to lay out. I enjoyed seeing your block.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 72 users online. 0 members and 72 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                      X