Piecing small blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piecing small blocks

Dee,

What was the pressing aid you were using. You painted it on the seams.

Are the cutting sizes listed anywhere for the small blocks from yesterday?

Comment

It was Easy Press Solution by Acorn and can be purchased from The Quilt Show Store under Saturday Sampler. It is a great product for those pesky seams that don't want to lay flat.

Comment

• gillysteel
        gillysteel commented
        Editing a comment
        Dee . Do you know if this is a product that you can post overseas. I live in NZ but can’t find it in any of the shops. Some airlines get touchy with the freight of liquids.

2 squares of background at 1 7/8"
      2 squares of feature fabric at 1 7/8
      4 rectangles of background at 1 1/2 x 1"
      4 rectangles of feature fabric at 1 1/2 x 1"
      1 center square at 1 1/2"

Comment

Hi Debbie, I watched your show Saturday & tried the tips you gave. I wanted to show you the Spinning Star I made using the 2 12" blocks. The first time I had all my seams meet & did not have to tear out. I held my hand like you said close to the foot & using my Sew Steady helped my get the end & beginning of the piece even. I have learned to much from your classes & so glad you are guiding us.

Comment

Oh Debbie, I used 2 1/2" squares & I also used my Acorn glue & pressing solution to make it lie flat. Just wanted to see what you thought.

Comment

Dee, you did a wonderful job teaching about piecing small blocks you hints were great. I was wondering if you ever shorten your stitch length, just a little, when dealing with small pieces?

Comment

I really don't. I know others do but I haven't experienced much difference when I do. As always, do what is best for you and that helps you get the results you are looking for.

Dee

Comment

Beautiful block and perfect from what I can tell from the picture. I am so glad the tips were helpful to you. Thank you for sharing your block.
                Dee

Comment

HST units 1 7/8"
                  rectangles 1 1/2 x 1"
                  center square 1 1/2"

Comment

You told us to try a couple of churn dash blocks. Do I get extra credit for over achieving?

Comment

Love, Love, Love them.

Comment

Dee, I am having fun following along with your Saturday lessons. Just bought the pattern, Long Time Gone. It is definitely not my typical style but with this isolation it is a lot of fun to have someone to sew with. Typically I make bed quilts or miniature and this pattern seems to have some of both.
                        Wanted to share a Churn Dash or Monkey Wrench quilt, it is 11"x11". We were visiting my elderly mother-in-law for several weeks and I finished what I was working on and bought a charm pack and some back ground fabric and make a couple of miniatures.

Comment

This is so cute. Thank you for sharing it with me.
                          I'm so glad you will be joining me sewing Long Time Gone. I am a big fan of sampler type quilts and this is one I've had in my "Quilts to Make" pile for awhile. Each block or section could become its own miniature or small quilt instead of making it as one large one. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do with it.

Dee

Comment

I love Jen Kingwell patterns, I made her ‘long time gone’ and added squares around because I wanted it bigger. It did not make a dent in my stash.
                            Monique 

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                            X