[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

How to keep clean during paper piecing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm now keeping an empty Kleenex box at the end of my ironing board in my sewing room and it is working wonderfully for disposing those loose threads that previously would end up on the carpeted floor. Loving that idea! It's much better than lugging my heavy vacuum up and down the stairs. I do not work well with clutter around me--okay, I'm a neat freak!

Comment

Hi, Nancy. I made the pincushion organizer that you show in your photo after you directed me to the pattern. I threw it in a drawer because it is not heavy enough. I recently bought a bag of crushed walnut shells from Petsmart (it is used as litter in reptile cages). So, I now have a lifetime supply of the stuff. It is very heavy for its size. Remind me and I will bring you some to the next guild meeting.

I laughed when you mentioned how dirty things get while paper piecing. I do the same thing as you when I cook, but for some reason these tidy habits have not spilled over to paper piecing. I make a very big mess, too. Will try harder and use the tips put forth here when I get my possums made up for the next Baker's Dozen exchange!

Comment

Originally posted by adamsme
        Hi, Nancy. I made the pincushion organizer that you show in your photo after you directed me to the pattern. I threw it in a drawer because it is not heavy enough. I recently bought a bag of crushed walnut shells from Petsmart (it is used as litter in reptile cages). So, I now have a lifetime supply of the stuff. It is very heavy for its size. Remind me and I will bring you some to the next guild meeting.

I laughed when you mentioned how dirty things get while paper piecing. I do the same thing as you when I cook, but for some reason these tidy habits have not spilled over to paper piecing. I make a very big mess, too. Will try harder and use the tips put forth here when I get my possums made up for the next Baker's Dozen exchange!
        Hi ME,

It's so nice to know that I was not the only one. Most of the suggested tips seemed so obvious that I don't know why I didn't think of them. ops: And they do work. I'm applying several of them while working on my Baker's Dozen blocks too.

I'd love some of the walnut shells, but only if you allow me to give you something in return. THANKS!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 24 users online. 0 members and 24 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X