[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

A challenge for your sewing space (8)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margo, it's funny you brought this up. Just yesterday, I told one one of my firends that I'm going to purge my magazines and she asked for first dibs on them. I've been quilting since 1994 and have every single magazine I could get my hands on since then. I can't wait to get rid of them.
    Why do we do this? I know I won't make any of the quilts but I kept hundreds, if not thousands of magazines.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Oh, Eileen! It's going to feel so good to clear out those magazines, and how wonderful that you have someone who wants (some?) of them!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Nothing like moving across the ocean to help with cleaning out all the things you haven't used while living in that house. Okay, okay, I couldn't quite part with any quilting magazines. I did clean out duplicates (how did that happen!) and catalogs. I did get rid of a couple shelves of nonquilting magazines, though. And, yes, they were in my sewing room. That was really difficult. I had several years (a decade!?) of Martha Stewart and La Cucina Italiana. When DDs came to visit for a holiday we would pull out the relevant issues and decide what to cook. We loved whipping up stuff that we wouldn't normally take the time to cook. So lots of memories tied up in those. But with the internet now a days...

I feel much lighter!

Lorna
        Soon to move into a home in Brandon, Suffolk, UK near RAF Lakenheath and trying to learn to drive on the wrong, er, I mean, left side of the road.

Comment

Lorna, does this mean that you won't be able to get to Houston this year??? :cry:

Comment

No Houston for me this year, unfortunately. I am going to explore going to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham in a couple weeks.

Comment

i know i'm late - and i didn't really get rid of any magazines (did that back in february - went through everything i had - and 6 binders of mags a friend had dropped off - discarded loads - sorted everything else into 10 binders according to time of year and how to's), but i did get rid of lots and lots of stuff i'll never use again - 3 garbage bags - yeah. put up a new shelf today - thank you daniela - and have just finished putting all my fabrics - craft books - comic books - and all the crafts stuff away... yeah

as soon as i have some time - i'll have to manufacture covers for the "windows" to protect the fabrics from dust and light 8)

Comment

Oh, Lotti! That looks great!

Comment

I decided that I'd give others a chance before my mags hit the burn pile. Tonight I have 44 magazines going to quilt guild for free. (I should make a sign....) It is all I can carry in the box. In 2 weeks is my other guild, and I'll take more over there. Lather, rinse, repeat. By Jove, we'll get them out of here!!
                  Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                  working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
                  Tired. 
                  Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
                  Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 202 users online. 0 members and 202 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X