[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

A challenge for your sewing space (7)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about PPDs..... Projects Partially Done, Rosemary?!
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Lorchen--I'll have to join you as a craft tart. I don't have nearly as many as I used to but I still have enough with all of them having numerous projects in progress.
      From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Golly! I didn't know this was going to turn into a "Hide and Seek" exercise for me!!

Margo, there must be some challenge here for you, too

Originally posted by pam7040
        A quilter with no UFOs!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: I didn't know such a person existed. What is your secret Norma
        My secret is to finish the projects as you go

I was thinking if the project in the box was a UFO, but decided that since I knew, when I started it, that I would not be able to work on it for a long time, it's not a UFO. Then why begin a project under these conditions? A week before a Kaffe Fassett workshop I got the offer to participate. I had a hard time because I really did not have time for another project but I wanted so much to try this, that I ended up with the solution to put it in waiting position. So when I came home I finished the cutting and planning, sewed all the blocks and stacked them in the box to finish it later.

living in Central Denmark
        Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Wow,
          Margo you are killing me. Yesterday I did manage to clear out all my old magazines which felt good & hopefully will give me more space.

Like Lorchen I love all my projects. I am comfortable with the journey & at times I do reach the destination. In fact, I just started another piece last week. My aim is to get it surfaced finished so I can take it to a UFO retreat next weekend & do all the surfce embroidery. A bonus would be to get it sandwiched. As it is for my sister's 65th which was last week this little baby is destined for completion.

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
            Personally, I have decided that I don't have WIP's, or UFO's I've moved on to the far more erudite Phd's - Projects, half done 8)

But honestly I need to go back to challange number one first, since the Sottts hit my table it is almost worse than before :lol:

After that, my writing must be done. After that I need to baste up my 'Too Loud Man/Dog Rose I' quilt which is definately a WISP :wink: .

Rosemary
            ALSO, Phds = Piled Higher and Deeper! Yup, I've got those! In a drawer in the closet, in a cubby of my cutting table, neatly sealed in a box in the top of closet, for "later!" If I tackle one of those NOW, I will never get to month two of my BOM, and here we are on month three! Soon, soon!! Almost done!!

Dawn,
            In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Originally posted by Lorchen
              Nothing wrong with that, Agnes. I can't say if you are in the same category, but I could be described as a 'Craft Tart' I guess. I go back and forth between quilting (too large to be described as a 'butterfly' ), various types of needlework, crochet, simple knitting and some paper crafts. If I take a break from embroidery for a few months, for example, I come back to it refreshed and eager to go. Sometimes you need a break to recharge your batteries.

Lorchen you crack me up! :lol: I think I'm also a craft tart...I've got all of the DMC floss colors wound on little storage cards, "11" to "22" counted cross stitch fabric in bins, 9 skeins of sock yarn, and 2 knit mismatched socks( :evil: ) that were supposed to be a pair...sigh. I can't believe that grannyagnes has any UFO's after reading the Feb and March finishes blog! Really nice work BTW!

Do UFO's count if they aren't of the quilt variety? I've been finishing all of my quilt UFO's...a 2009 New Year resolution.

Lori

Comment

Lori--I think I will always have UFOs or whatever I decide to call the projects that are started and waiting to be tended to, and not just in quilting. If I have a motto it has to be: Variety is the spice of life. Might I say, when I tire of one thing or some body part rebels, I just work on something else. Last night I was too tired to think so I pulled out the knitting needles and started a dish cloth. Thanks for the compliments on my work.

Comment

I actually organized my threads. They may only last that way a day or so but each colour group is now housed in a tin & labelled. :lol:

Comment

I have one stalled UFO, three or four active WIP's, three WISP's, and about fifteen UQO's -- Unquilted Objects, i.e., tops awaiting my quilting. Oh, and a couple of PQO's -- partially quilted objects! Phew!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 306 users online. 0 members and 306 guests.

Most users ever online was 345 at 02:08 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X