[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

A challenge for your sewing space (6)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you, Cheryl! If you would like to see how I fold my fabric to make my stash fit into the cabinet, check out my Webshots album here:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563306368ujRyrP

Would you like for that to be the challenge next week??? :wink:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I have watched many of your video's and put them to good use. Thank you soooo much for posting them. As for next weeks challenge, I don't know If i'm ready to tackle the fabric. I might be putting cabinets together with any luck. :wink:

Comment

Margo,
        last spring time I had great fun in my studio refolding ALL my stash and resorting them (i.e. subdividing categories). It was great to rediscover some fabrics. I ended up moving one shelf of books for the expanded collection of Kaffe Fasset fabric I have been collecting over the last few years and all fits nicely. I'll try and post a picture later on.
        cheers and back to the HSTs!!
        Jeanine in Nova Scotia

Comment

I have lots of shelving from IKEA in my sewing room and have 4 of those shelves full of magazines which are in those cardboard magazine holder thingys. Most of the magazines are a few years old because I have cut way back on my subscriptions. I culled them out about 3 years ago, and the keepers are on those shelves now, nice and tidy. I currently only subscribe to Quilting Arts and Machine Quilting Unlimited, but do buy magazines as the mood hits me. I agree that the abundance of free patterns on the internet (and some pay ones also) are more than enough to keep my busy for many lifetimes!

My quilt guild has a yearly retreat, and one of the things we always do there is a magazine exchange. Technically, you can take one for every one you donate. However, I usually donate many more than I take! And the ones I do take, I bring them back the next year to exchange again!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
            Good for you, Cheryl! If you would like to see how I fold my fabric to make my stash fit into the cabinet, check out my Webshots album here:

Yikes, Margo, I feel happy just to get my stash stuffed in the right drawers. ops: Actually even just stuffed into drawers. :shock: Though some of it IS actually folded first and then stuffed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Hey, I've already done that one! The author of the book about making your dream quilting space came to our guild a few years ago, and I went out and bought an 8.5" ruler and folded up all my big pieces. Three across fits perfectly on the Ikea bookshelf I use for fabric storage. The FQ are folded smaller and put into one of those shoe rack thingies from Target.

It's really amazing how getting the loose edges out of sight makes the "noise" in the quilt room much better. My friends are also folding their fabric and seeing fabric they didn't know they had!

So far, I haven't done any of the other challenges. I'm still back on finishing UFO's.

Kathy

Comment

Jan, I love the idea of donating them to the library! Great tip!
                Another place I've taken them in the past is to waiting rooms -- doctors' offices, hospital, and (!!) car repair shops! All of these can benefit from an upgrade in their reading material, especially the auto repairs!

Comment

I can see this now..... Conversation between husband and wife:

He: "Where are you going, Hon?"
                  She:"I'm off to the auto repair shop for some quilting magazines!"
                  From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Originally posted by Lorchen
                    I can see this now..... Conversation between husband and wife:

He: "Where are you going, Hon?"
                    She:"I'm off to the auto repair shop for some quilting magazines!"
                    Love it!!!!
                    I checked out the book mobile at the hospital the other day, not for Vern, but for me. I was checking specifically for quilting magazines but had no luck.
                    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Timely Post. I have Quilter's Newsletters going back to '91 which I need to get rid of. I need the space for other quilt related items. I will see if the Guild is interested. Those babies must leave the house. I am going to commit to having this done by April 1.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X