[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

A challenge for your sewing space (5)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, the irony of this is I have a small Koala chest in the closet. I designated the top of it to my eBay items. eBay is a hobby of mine that a do a few times a year. If I have a retreat, or major quilt show I want to go to, I eBay things that I have bought in the past, been gifted, inherited, etc. that I will NEVER use, and pass it on to some one else who will love it. And, I have saved every box and mailer that has come ito the house, for that purpose. The mound on top of that little chest has been growing, and is quite unsightly. You mentioned Craigslist (Be REALLY careful, if you do that! Some people are just trying to get personal info like email and address for devious reasons.) and, everything there is actually for eBay.

Dawn
    In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Dawn, could you possibly post a brief description of how a newbie would go about setting up an e-bay account in order to sell items? I don't have a clue!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
        Dawn, could you possibly post a brief description of how a newbie would go about setting up an e-bay account in order to sell items? I don't have a clue!
        I will have to ask DH as he is the one who set it up and does all of the listings. I do all of the write ups and the photos. I will ask DH later today, and get back to you.

Dawn
        In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Ohhhhh my! Once again, my penchant for organization gets me off the hook. Whew. My sliding closet doors reveal all in order, even my water coloring supplies.

The real truth is that beginning of the year my promise to self "NO NEW PROJECTS" forced me to get all OLD PROJECTS out and in view lest I again forget I had begun them.........and yet still, when dragging out my Grandmother Flower Garden the other day to take on an airplane trip, I found an old block swap project in the bottom of the bin! Now I have even ANOTHER OLD PROJECT to put in the lineup! tee hee

That's all OK, because I'm spending time every day on my HQ sit down quilter and can see rapid improvement. Most of my projects require only quilting as tops are done, so I'm making slow progress and learning some pretty intricate quilting. I'm pleased.

Comment

Good on ya, Lynn! Can't wait to see some photos of finished projects!!

I choose this as my Door #1. This cabinet has a lot of wasted space, and some of the stuff that's there needs to be sorted through, and probably a lot of it can be trashed.
            I need to use the space more efficiently to get some clutter off the top of some of my surfaces so I can close it up behind the doors!

Comment

Margo--even your mess is cleaner than my cleaned.

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by ritzy
                  Margo--even your mess is cleaner than my cleaned.
                  In this particular case, mine is not really a mess, but is is severely under-used! :roll: I'm working on it!

Comment

What? - to convert it into a mess? :lol:

Rosemary

Comment

Okay me to, I am such an organized person and always have everything neat and tidy and can’t help myself, so i am reading this challenge with great laughter.

YES Margo that cupboard is certainly not been used to the best of its capacity...... :shock: :shock: :shock: ...... lol lol lol

p.s. yep even my cutting rulers sit on a stand.....he he he

oh my god am I the one that really needs help.....!!!!!!!! :? :? :? :? :?

Taree NSW - Australia
                      My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

OK...this is what I got done in about one hour today. I removed EVERYTHING from the cupboard and wiped down the shelves. Here is the cabinet and adjacent surface area that both needed attention:

Comment

Because I can only do 3 photos in each text box, here are the rest.

Here is the re-stocked cabinet and the cleared off surfaces! OMYGOSH!! It looks nekked!! :lol: I'm sure there will be something there by tomorrow! :wink:

And here is the stuff that was culled. The stuff in the green bags is destined for a neighbor who sews for her grandchildren. Juvenile fabrics and patterns.
                          The white can is stuff for the trash. It feels great!

Comment

Looks great Margo. I love the border on your wall.

Comment

Originally posted by djane
                              Looks great Margo. I love the border on your wall.
                              Thanks Debbie! It's a quilting stencil marked with a Sharpie Marker! The border design was done with paint and blue painter's tape to mask it off! Easy-Peasy!

Comment

Nice, two weeks of easy stuff. I have large amounts of fabric on the bolts neatly stacked, along with scrapbook papers in their containers. Once again nothing to do there. Keep looking Margo and maybe you will find my mess.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 46 users online. 0 members and 46 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X