[vb_main_1]

A challenge for your sewing space (5)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A challenge for your sewing space (5)

Thanks to Dawn, this week's challenge is a little more ambitious! What do you have hidden behind door number 1???? :shock:

If you have a closet, or a cabinet, or a storage unit with a door on it, that's this week's target. Take EVERYTHING out, and only put back the necessary stuff! I know that for the door I have in mind, there will be a bag of trash and a bag of donations that need to be cleared out in order to make room for some things that need a permanent home.

Good luck with your chosen door!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Yay... Happy dance - mission accomplished :lol:

I don't have any cupboards or doors on cupboards in my sewing room to hide things in/behind.

But I do think that perhaps I ought to try and catch up with some of the other challanges instead ops:

Rosemary

Comment

Ow! My sewing room has a wall to wall closet, behind two regular doors, that is full of my old machine knitting stuff. Gosh, I really want to get rid of it. I've never sold anything before, so I don't know how to go about it, so it just sits there. Mostly I try to forget it's there. Sounds like I need to figure this out! If I had a clean closet, there's so much I could put in it! Margo, you may have opened the lid to Pandora's box here.
      Kathy

Comment

Oh, boy, oh boy! The excitement builds!! A whole closet full of stuff that you really want to be rid of! Do you have a local Craig's list? That might be a good place to start. Good luck, and keep us posted Kathy! I'm excited for you! Just think of all that space that would be freed up!

Comment

Please, Margo, give me a break till the next school holiday here in the UK. However much I'd love to let you have a sneaky look behind the doors of any of the cupboards in my house, and then let you admire the sorted and much improved version, it won't happen right now. When I get home from school (Department of 10 dealing with the special needs kids. Right now 2 staff off long term with health problems, and 2 off with some sort of virus) I just collapse in the nearest chair and don't move. And then there is the leaking garage roof (very large roof, about 70 square metres) to sort out and the ancient heating system. Let's put it this way: It can only get easier!
          From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Wow, Margo. Now you've done it! I have an 8' closet with sliding doors in my sewing room and cleared out and donated a lot of fabrics from my years of garment sewing and crafting. That was a few weeks ago and it hardly made a dent in the stuff. Guess I'll have to get back to it - in time.... Been too busy with quilt projects
            Fi

Comment

Just remember that all the stuff we haven't used in years may be a real treasure to someone else who may put it to good use!

Then again....some of it just needs to be thrown away!
              I intend to be brutal with this cleaning project! I need the space more than I need to store stuff I haven't used in years!!

Comment

Okay Margo, but it may take more than a week to do this.
                Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                  Oh, boy, oh boy! The excitement builds!! A whole closet full of stuff that you really want to be rid of! Do you have a local Craig's list? That might be a good place to start. Good luck, and keep us posted Kathy! I'm excited for you! Just think of all that space that would be freed up!
                  I've heard of craigslist, never been on it. There is also a PassapforSaleandBuy list (one of my 2 knitting machines is a Passap) and I'm sure there must be a for sale list for my other machine. If I can overcome this hurdle about selling stuff, this could be a biggie!
                  By the way, I did give 3 huge plastic totes of garment fabric to one of my friends who was in fashion design school for her to use as free experimental fabric, a couple of years ago. I realized that garment sewing was another hobby gone by the wayside due to quilting. Quilting is so much more fun, and nothing needs to fit anybody

Actually, this freeing up of space needs to happen all over the house. However, the sewing room is a good place to start!
                  Kathy

Comment

I've moved far too often and am a brutal organizer and discard things about as regularly as laundry so there is nothing to do. Wish DH would give me permission to be brutal with his wood working stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by fiquilts
                      Okay Margo, but it may take more than a week to do this.
                      Fi
                      The sooner we can get started, the sooner it will be done!

Comment

But Margo, when will I have time to quilt?
                        Fi

Comment

I've been too busy to do the others but this one I can do. The door I chose under my cutting table has 3 plastic bins, one with a UFO, one with some instructions from blocks that were donated so I can empty that one and use it for my next project, probably all of those half-square triangles, the third has some marbled fabrics that came with 4 shades on each bolt, and then there's my fusible that seldom gets used and my Golden Threads paper. That was easy!

Comment

Originally posted by fiquilts
                            But Margo, when will I have time to quilt?
                            Fi
                            Maybe taking a break for a day will energize us and it will be great to sit back down to some quilting? :wink:

Comment

This challenge is definitely one I have to do...in fact it has been my plan for about 2 months....but alas it will have to wait for just a couple more weeks. I have 3 projects....two of which are in one stage or other to be completed within the next 2 weeks. I have already done the job of tackling my closet (in my head) and know just where to start so it is only going to be put off for the shortest time possible. I will report it's completion when it is done!

Living in the beautiful Carson Valley of Western Nevada

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 271 users online. 0 members and 271 guests.

Most users ever online was 345 at 02:08 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X