[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

A challenge for your sewing space (3)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeesch...I was trying to be nice about it! :wink: I know what it's really used for!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Okay, so is there a quilt studio use for it? :lol:

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
        Today's do-able challenge is to clean out ONE DRAWER in your sewing space. It doesn't matter which drawer you do, but I would like to see you take EVERYTHING OUT of it, and vacuum it out, or wipe it out with a damp cloth before you start putting things back in.

If you are so inclined, you can do more than one!
        After 2 successful room cleanups, I started this project. I should have known better but opened the drawer of scrap fabrics from finished projects. My goodness! I have been buried for the last 2-3 weeks! It did no good to clean it out only to cram fabric back in the drawer. My formerly clean sewing space is a disaster but I can't really go back now. After pressing out a few strips, I chose to stitch up log cabin blocks as I went along and I will finish with 48 blocks. I am using almost any sized strip, seperating from lights to darks for the blocks and I just keep going until the block is about 13" and then I trim to 12 1/2" square. Yeesh! I thought about naming the quilt, Margo's Folly but it's not her fault that I'm so messy.

In the process, I managed to find several kits long since forgotten and also purged quite a few magazines. Will I ever get to the point where I work on a project start-to-finish?

Comment

I cleaned and then started back on what I was doing and have a big old mess again. I cleaned again this morning but it needs more work.

Comment

Kmouse, I love Margo's Folly!! :lol: :lol:

And remember...the whole purpose of these challenges isn't necessarily to have a clean sewing space! We started with clearing a place to work and I'm thrilled to see that in the process some remembered projects are being given new life! That's a GOOD thing...even if it does make a mess for a while! :wink:

Comment

Fabulous way to make a new quilt. I often find it more inspiring to work with those leftovers, because you never know where it leads you. I have been very inspired from all the HST talk (didn't have time to participate), so I drew papers to make different HST sizes and started to pair my leftovers on the paper that fitted, so I'm going to have a box of neatly folded and pressed HST's and some day I will make something out of them.

living in Central Denmark
              Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

What a great idea Norma!

Comment

For a year now almost everything I have pieced and am still piecing started as triangles and small fabric pieces that grew into many more projects with the addition of yardage for backgrounds. This is just an ongoing project that actually started as a Millenium challenge to myself. Finally, I can see an end in the next year or two. For the first number of years a lot of new fabric found it's way into my stash so instead of making progress it just kept growing. I am now in the "nose to the grindstone" stage and will have to purchase some backing fabric. My sewing room organization has taken me all that time, just add five moves to the mix, and that is largely while Margo's challenges are fun to watch but I have nothing to do. I don't have drawers but I own totes and more totes that I am slowly emptying and not refilling with quilting stuff. Just sharing one photo.

Comment

Here is my first use of 1" HST's. The little purse is made for my DIL to transport her mug, when we go making baskets of willow. I'll give it to her tomorrow.

living in Central Denmark
                    Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

I am still trying to organize my sewing/quilting space after moving to the basement from a bedroom. Needed room for the longarm. Anyway, I am getting lots of tips from all of you. My DH wanted to know what I was laughing about as I read the blog. I explained, but you can imagine the look I got. He is not one of us, but he did encourage me to buy the Gammill. Gotta love that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Happy Wednesday everyone.

I am happy to report that I have FINISHED schlogging through mounds of fabric scraps from Margo's Challenge 3!

I had to snap some pics to celebrate because my scrap drawers are organized AND I have 48 Log Cabin blocks, each measuring 12 1/2" square. Because these are REALLY scrappy, the best layout will be the diagonal streak setting.

Happily, I can get back to finishing a quilt for my niece, which is basted and ready to go. Hopefully, I hope I can keep this organized as long as possible.

Comment

WHOO-HOO!! That's impressive!!

Comment

congratulations kmouse! My husband would love it if even one small corner of my workroom was the clean. :-)

Comment

Wow kmouse--that is truly impressive.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 350 users online. 0 members and 350 guests.

Most users ever online was 350 at 04:12 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X