[vb_main_1]

A challenge for your sewing space (3)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A challenge for your sewing space (3)

Today's do-able challenge is to clean out ONE DRAWER in your sewing space. It doesn't matter which drawer you do, but I would like to see you take EVERYTHING OUT of it, and vacuum it out, or wipe it out with a damp cloth before you start putting things back in.

If you are so inclined, you can do more than one! What a concept! Just do one at a time!

Which drawer did you tackle? Did you do any more? Did you find any surprises??? Inquiring minds want to know!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Hmm, some of these things I did back in November when I wasn't getting any quilting done. And, I did do one drawer--maybe I should do another--or maybe I should just sew.

Comment

Margo, your Challenge 3 is exposing my dirty little secret. I have been keeping my sewing space really neat and organized since I went through it last spring and redid everything. I refolded all my fabric, moved things around so it all made better sense, got bins and boxes for storage, etc.
      However, I have two drawers that I haven't been able to face - one contains beads and assorted surface embellishments I collected and haven't found quite the use for yet and the other has embroidery floss and all of my miscellaneous non-quilting notions (zippers, trim, etc.) most of which I will probably never use, but you never know. Having now looked in the mirror and admitted my shortcomings, I will have to act decisively. I guess that's why I have what seems like 1000 empty Altoids boxes. I've been saving them for, you guessed it, those two pesky drawers.

Comment

Just keep those challenges coming, Margo, and there will be a time when you catch me and I really have to do some work.

This one is another brilliant one for me: I don't keep any sewing or quilting stuff in drawers. It's all on shelves or in boxes. So....... tick...... job done. Hehehehe.....

Now, if you had asked me to clean and sort out a drawer in the kitchen..... that would have been a big job!
        From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Well I have 17 draws to do, I am doing 1 a day, 3 done 14 to go :roll: this is going to take another 2 weeks definitely a challenge for me Margo but I am plodding on. To cold for gardening any way.

Comment

Already went through all the drawers ...cleaned the insides ... tossed the junk.... labeled them with P-TOUCH. Rearranged the placements of the plastic drawers. Able to condense them to get rid of one whole section which is a plus, in my small sewing area.

Already for me to come home from work and start sewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorchen
              Just keep those challenges coming, Margo, and there will be a time when you catch me and I really have to do some work.

This one is another brilliant one for me: I don't keep any sewing or quilting stuff in drawers. It's all on shelves or in boxes. So....... tick...... job done. Hehehehe.....

Now, if you had asked me to clean and sort out a drawer in the kitchen..... that would have been a big job!
              Taunting the teacher??? :shock:

Lorchen, you assignment, if you choose to accept it, it to clean off and de-clutter one entire shelf in your sewing space and one drawer in the kitchen! :lol:

Comment

Ooh, Margo, that is mean!!! :wink:

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                  Originally posted by Lorchen

Taunting the teacher??? :shock:

Lorchen, you assignment, if you choose to accept it, it to clean off and de-clutter one entire shelf in your sewing space and one drawer in the kitchen! :lol:
                  Hmmm, guess you shouldn't give the boss a hard time. LOL

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Love it Margo! Wish I was making more headway on the cleaning, but I am trying to complete some of the bits of projects that are clogging up the work surfaces. Has gotten to the point, that if I don't, it will all fall to the floor.
                    7 premie quilts finished (tops were done 1 1/2 yr ago). So making headway. Thank you for the challenges. It keeps me focused on finding those surfaces!

Comment

Awe Man, that's where I put all the clutter from the cutting and pressing area. You found it. ops:

Comment

Nanny-nanny boo-boo!! :lol:

Comment

I have one empty drawer already (can you believe it?) does that count? I'm thinking yes! Because I cleaned it out, moved my tables, and now can't open or close it! ha I guess I could use it for things I never use, but if I never use them, why have them? Hmmm. I think I have some quilting toys that would fit that category.

Seriously, I have gotten so much done in the last 2 weeks and don't know if that is b/c I had more useable work space.....well, duh........or that I'm back on a full dose of Cymbalta! tee hee :lol: :lol:

Lynn:lol: :roll: :?:

Comment

Lynn, I'm voting for the cleared space rather than a drug induced frenzy! LOL!!

Comment

OK, your are on, Margo! Next weekend I'll take those shelves and will report about progress.

Lorchen

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 345 users online. 0 members and 345 guests.

Most users ever online was 353 at 04:12 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X