[vb_main_1]

A challenge for your sewing space

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A challenge for your sewing space

Would you like to organize your sewing space? Are you up for a do-able challenge?

I challenge you to clear off your cutting surface and your ironing surface by next Friday, January 21, 2011. That's all.

What you do with the stuff that's cluttering up those spaces is up to you, but get them cleared off by the end of this week.

While you are at it, treat yourself to a fresh blade in your rotary cutter. Maybe even clean or replace the cover of your ironing surface? How about cleaning your iron? Inside and out!

Here are a couple of links for some cleaning tips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeY9nydiILM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyRU-aDrBJo
    and there are lots more on You Tube.

What is your favorite way to clean an iron?

If you are up for this, let me know and we can think about another do-able challenge for next week!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

I'm up for that challenge. The following challenge should be to get the "stuff" off the floor under the cutting and pressing surfaces! :roll: In my case, that
    might require another couple of weeks. :roll: :wink:

Comment

I'm up for it! I'm not a very organized person at all ops: In fact, I heard DD Keri telling DH Mike last week she's not going to help me any more because I just mess things up again. Funny-all these years that's what I thought was supposed to happen :!: :lol:

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
      Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJudy
        I'm up for that challenge. The following challenge should be to get the "stuff" off the floor under the cutting and pressing surfaces! :roll: In my case, that
        might require another couple of weeks. :roll: :wink:
        Hmmmmm....I'm not ready to deal with UNDER the table!! LOL!!! Let's just take baby steps to start with!

Comment

Okay, Margo, I'm up for that! And your timing is wonderful because I need to do it this week, anyhow. Early this week, I will be finishing one project (source of most of the mess on my table), and getting ready for Ruffled Roses . Tomorrow morning, I will take a "before" photo, so I have it ready for the "after" photo :wink: My rotary blade is fairly new, so that's okay, but my ironing board cover definitely needs work. In fact, I almost bought a new one today, but decided it is worth trying to wash the old one first. From my LQS, I recently bought Iron Clean by BoNash, and that works really well for cleaning my iron.

Comment

Count me in....... for the time being.

I finally broke my iron (wedding gift in 1977 - lasted a lot longer than the marriage) and had to replace it recently. Right now it is cleaner than anything else in my house.

So, what next?
            From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Originally posted by Lorchen
              Count me in....... for the time being.

I finally broke my iron (wedding gift in 1977 - lasted a lot longer than the marriage) and had to replace it recently. Right now it is cleaner than anything else in my house.

So, what next?
              You definitely got your money's worth out of that iron!! I don't know what's next! Gotta get those two surfaces uncovered first! :roll:

Comment

I'm already working on it Margo. I bought a nice storage cabinet at Home Depot yesterday. I've been washing new fabric that's been laying around for a while (some a year). I thought DH was going to put the cabinet together today, but that didn't happen - gotta light a fire under him tomorrow. Still have a good way to to, but I'm on a roll. I have a huge stack of quilt magazines to go through and then give away. Going to start working on them a few at a time.

Comment

I'm almost finished with a project, but since I never work on just one at a time, this will be a challenge. I bought fabric to make a new cover for the Big Board on my ironing board some time ago but still haven't gotten around to it. Just as long as the closet doesn't come up in a challenge this might just work for me.
                  Fi in Northern CA

Comment

Margo, Love this concept...a little doable bit every now and then. I cleaned my ironing space and worktable this weekend, but I still need to clean the iron and maybe I'll wash the ironing board cover.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Seems like even my sewing machine is happier when things are neat and tidy all around it!

Comment

:twisted: Good grief Margo! Did you run out of quilting to do? :twisted:

This reminds me of a pastor who used to say something such as, "Now you've gone from preaching' to meddling---"

Today I dismantled the sashing strips from my DJ in order to combine it with the BOM center........and have played and drawn and erased and played........and finally have a plan. So yes, I guess I do need to clean off my surfaces because they are really a mess now! ha

Comment

Lol. I started doing this a couple of weeks ago. I was making good progress until I committed to the BOM, sorting fabric tracing patterns etc etc. It now all looks worse than it did before. Robin, I had'nt thought of taking before and after pictures to share, but it may get my butt into gear to make a better job of it. Thanks.

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Margo...I love you dearly...how about coming down to FL and helping me. Um...I can't promise sun...cause its raining today and maybe tomorrow too, but it won't SNOW. I've been under the weather for a few weeks and everything is piled so high. I need the FLY lady or a gently push in the rear. :lol: :wink: Sandi in not so sunny FL

Comment

Thank you Margo that was just the push in the rear I needed, both areas are done, I am well pleased :lol: Dorothy Suffolk UK

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 175 users online. 0 members and 175 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X