[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

A challenge for your sewing space

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK folks! I didn't buy a new cover, but just washed the old one. It;s not pristine, but it sure looks lots better than it did! I also cleaned both my dry iron and my steamer.

I got the cutting mat cleared off enough for a photo, but honestly just moved the current WIP for the photo!

I use the wooden tray at the far end of the table to keep all my tools corralled and easier to find when the mat is covered with fabric and templates. I try to just keep my main scissors and rotary cutter, seam ripper, calculator, tape measure, and pencil & notepad there so it doesn't get all junked up with stuff I don't use all the time.

The tub (a recycled cool whip tub - spray painted gold) is handy for all the little pieces of fabric as they are trimmed with my rotary cutter. I find using the tub is lots easier than reaching for the trash can each time.

I'll post a good do-able challenge for you tomorrow!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Well, this is going slower than I expected. Hmm. I will figure out a way to get this done by tomorrow! Maybe burn the midnight oil.
      Diane/Wyoming

Comment

Margo, I like the look of your tray for everyday tools, just the sort of thing that would work for me too.

Rosemary
        (procrastinating on the 'puter half way through tidying my table. A lot of my things don't actually have assigned homes, therefore they cannot be 'put away' cos they don't have any place to be 'put away to' - yet :? )

Comment

Dear Margo,
          I gladly met your challenge but had already changed the blade in one of my cutters and was amazed at how much lint was stuck between the actual blade and plastic side. I mark on the blade the date I put it on and this helps me keep track of longevity.
          cheers
          Jeanine

Comment

I cleaned, put away, re-arranged and met my own expectations........

Comment

Here is my cutting area before and after:

Comment

Pressing area after:

Comment

Yea!!! Now you have space to be creative! What do you think about the next challenge? http://forum/your-tips-and-discoveri...sewing-space-2

Comment

Well, I cleaned up some of the right side of my work area when I was doing the cutting area but I think I could do more--slave driver ;o)

Comment

Hi, I had forgotten the deadline date until I checked back today. But I did beat it. I had to move up from the basement to the second floor. Lots of stairs to maneuver! Thank goodness for my wonderful hubby.
                      I still have a little fabric to bring up but am very happy with the new area. Much warmer. (we were minus 8 or 10 this morning...Brrrrr!)
                      I think I will stay put now.
                      Thanks for the push Margo. Maybe I will get pictures soon.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 172 users online. 0 members and 172 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X