[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Quilting a String Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone, I quilted mine on my longarm, not my sewing machine.

You don't actually need a foundation to do string quilts, they work just fine without it.

I very often use flannel sheets from LLBean for quilt backs. They're really nice, are sold separately (instead of buying a sheet set), and wash and wear on quilts beautifully. This is the back with the sheet I used:

I always prewash and dry the flannel sheets, hot water hot dryer. I don't prewash my quilt fabrics. When I'm finished, I wash the completed quilt, the prewashed flannel and the unwashed top come out just right.

I used Quilters Dream cotton, select weight.

Created by CJ

Taree NSW - Australia
    My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Would someone PLEASE tell me how to insert a digital .jpeg photo from my computer's Pictures Folder into a forum post??

Thanks,
      Shirley

Shreveport, Louisiana
      Bernina 440QE

Comment

I think your pictures has to be hosted online somewhere already. Then, you simply copy and past the url where the image is stored, click on the "Img" button, paste the url, and click the "Img" button again.

Created by CJ

Shreveport, Louisiana
        Bernina 440QE

Comment

CJ, what's the name of that panto pattern, and where did you get it from?

I don't have a longarm, but I may want to 'encourage' a longarmer to use it.

Lorchen
          From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Originally posted by shirlm
            Thanks for the interesting history lesson ladyrags. I actually got the idea from Bonnie's Quiltville website. The picture looks similar to mine except I made the 3 center blocks (four squares to a block) in shades of yellow which makes the center pop. The rest are mixed colors with a muslin strip across the center of each block. This makes a secondary design that I like alot. The triangle blocks against the edge are done in black.

If someone could kindly tell me how to insert a picture in my post, I'll post a pic of the quilt top.

Thanks,
            Shirley
            Shirley, in order to post photos in this forum, your photos must be "hosted" (stored) on another web site like Webshots or Flicker. You just post the specific URL for a forum link in order to get them to show up here. I really hope that our new updated forum will be more user friendly for photos!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thanks Margo and CJ for the info. I am not registered with Flickr or Webshots, so I think I'll wait to see if the new forum is more user friendly. Hopefully it will be but if not, I'll get up to speed on how to use one of those online hosts.

Thanks again!
              Shirley

Shreveport, Louisiana
              Bernina 440QE

Comment

I saw a quilt with a border made of string pieced blocks--it was such a pretty effect. Judy in Torrance

Comment

Originally posted by shirlm
                  Would someone PLEASE tell me how to insert a digital .jpeg photo from my computer's Pictures Folder into a forum post??

Thanks,
                  Shirley
                  Hi Shirley,

As an alternative, you could download a .jpg photo to your TQS profile's personal photos and refer to it on the forum.

Comment

Great idea Nancy....That's something I can handle. Thanks for the tip!

Shirley

Shreveport, Louisiana
                    Bernina 440QE

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 154 users online. 0 members and 154 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X