[vb_main_1]

Changing needles???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eileenkny
    I didn't know we had to oil the computerized machines. From what I understood, they're to be oiled by the tech when the machine goes in for the annual maintenance.
    eileenkny
    You should check your own machine manual. Different machine brands have different ways to keep them in top condition. My Bernina should be oiled approximately every 6 hours of sewing but other models with different hook systems might be different.

Also check with your dealer for yearly maintenance. An authorized tech cleans, oils & adjusts parts that we can't (and aren't supposed to) see.

Needle changes are crucial for great stitching. Using the proper needle for the task is also critical. Ball points for knits, universal for general sewing and sharps for embroidery or quilting. Remember the recent show on TQS where the Thread Man talked about top stitch needles for machine quilting with heavier weight threads? I have had some fun playing with that as well.

Comment

Ok I just got done talking to my mother about my Gramma's sewing machine. She was laughing so hard. She said that everytime she or Gramma would sew on the thing they would always change the needle first. I guess that is why I never had to. I just wish they would have told me they were doing it. LOL It would explain quite a bit about the last ten years of the machines life with me after Gramma died. All I can say is I am very absent minded. If it aint broke leave it alone. Well I guess that theory needs adjusting in the sewing world. Rachel

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X