[vb_main_1]

Enlarge Quilt After It is Long-Arm Quilted

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ritzy
    My quilt is home--now will I be able to quickly get to adding a border to it?
    Probably depends on how cold it still is in your neck of the woods, you might want to use it for a bit and then add the border a bit later on

Comment

Use it whilst you prepare the border. You could probably get away with using it one night with the binding off the bottom edge :wink: Otherwise how about tacking (basting) a piece of fabric to the bottom edge to see if it would work how you would like it to, before doing the larger alteration?

Comment

Rosemary--I had thought of that. That maybe all I really need. My sewing room is such a mess--I have too many projects going at once and I can't even find a place to sew the huge monster. Deep sigh. I am going to try to finish one thing at a time, I am going to try to finish one thing at a time, I am going to try to finish one thing at a time, I am going to try to finish one thing at a time.....

Comment

So Ritzy, because you have said that 4 times, does that give you permission to work on 4 diferent things at the one time? If it's any consolation my sewing room is like a tip right now too! I just don't seem to be able to sew and quilt in a tidy fashion. :roll:

Comment

My sewing room, my living room, even the bedroom has a pile of fabric to be ironed.. With my tendonitis I can sew, I can buy fabric, I can wash fabric, I can play with fabric, I can even cut it, but I can't iron it...

And a very silly me decided that my dear old artista 165 gets to keep her spot on the sewing table in the sewing room and have set up my darling baby Bernie on the dining/living room table... With the result that fabric and thread and all bits that go with them, have once again taken over my whole apartment... There's a nice and comfortable chair out on the balcony that's not covered with a pile of fabric or a WIP and its accessories... But just a little cold out there right now...

Comment

Originally posted by lotti
              fabric and thread and all bits that go with them, have once again taken over my whole apartment...
              And Alex says we have to keep all those bits :roll: I wonder, Alex, how often do you clean your sewing stuff up????

Comment

The problem is with Christmas I got involved in all kinds of crafts--like I do every year and it get taken out, used and then put on my sewing table. Normally, when Christmas is over--I spend what is left of holiday break and clean in there. This year I got into working on my BOM--decided I wasn't liking the last border--don't know what I want to do with it---it is on that table. Was working on another BOM and there were problems with the pattern--sitting on the table. Then, I was working on my architectural quilt and have a tremendous amount of supplies out for that--on that table. Freezer paper bits and threads on the floor (along with the dog hair). It is truly disturbing. Problem is--I don't want to stop working on the arch. quilt to clean it all up. Oh well. I have to make a choice, quit whining about it or clean it up. Guess I better stop whining.

Comment

Originally posted by ritzy
                  Oh well. I have to make a choice, quit whining about it or clean it up. Guess I better stop whining.
                  :lol: :lol: :lol:

As long as you can scrape back enough space to work in your fine :wink:

Comment

Yes I was just going to say quit whining about it and get back to work - do the cleaning later. :lol:

Comment

Margo says.....it sounds like all the "stuff" is stifling your creativity. Take the necessary time to organize the different projects so that you can enjoy working on the one that is calling your name today, and the others will be waiting their turn!

Hugs....

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

yup - grab a few of your scraps - play with them and create a mug-rug --- you can then go back to project 1 or 2 or whatever takes your fancy - refreshed and full of ideas... :P

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                          Margo says.....it sounds like all the "stuff" is stifling your creativity. Take the necessary time to organize the different projects so that you can enjoy working on the one that is calling your name today, and the others will be waiting their turn!

Hugs....
                          Your could try stacking them up into an archaeological strata (trying to keep all on one project in the same strata), so they take up less table space and then you get to decide which period you wish to excavate :wink:

Comment

Rosemary--that is what I have going now. The problem is my DH walked in my room the other day and the archaelological strata almost hit the floor. I keep telling him it is not safe for him to be in there. He doesn't believe me.

Comment

He might believe you after he gets buried down to the Jurrasic level :wink: :lol:

Comment

Man ! this sounds familiar ! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 67 users online. 0 members and 67 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X