[vb_main_1]

Enlarge Quilt After It is Long-Arm Quilted

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enlarge Quilt After It is Long-Arm Quilted

I've made a queen-size quilt for my bed. It is long-arm quilted and ready for binding. I've put it on my bed and wish I had made it 2 inches larger all around to cover the mattress better. I thought about adding prairie points, but I'm worried that the points may not lay flat due to the thickness of the quilt. Any thoughts on how to do this to reduce the bulk? Any other ideas/suggestions to enlarge the quilt would be welcome.

Thanks,
    Arlene

I would have thought if you measure carefully and quilt at the same density it will work out fine......ask Margo :lol:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Hi Arlene, welcome to the forum. Have you checked out Sharon Pederson's lesson in the classroom on adding a border to an already completed quilt? Here's a link, good luck.

learn/classrooms/

Comment

Thanks Rita. That was great information. I never would have thought about doing that. I think I'm going to give it a try. Thanks again.

Comment

Thank you Rita! I had totally forgotten about Sharon's video!!

The serpentine stitch that she uses is also discussed in TQS episode 1202 with Jacquie Gering. Start watching at minute 32.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

This was really timely. I will soon be getting my quilt back from Lancaster. I love it but--it keeps falling off the bed. I have no way to keep it from coming off(due to the size of the quilt--it only just covers the top of my queen size bed). I don't think I want to add more to the side because of the extra weight on my body when I am sleeping. So I was thinking of adding something, at least to the bottom, so I can tuck it under the mattress and it won't slide. I will be thinking more on this--thanks ladies.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

You could consider making another quilt, Ritzy. :wink:
              From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

What are you making Lorchen? How about a mug rug

Comment

Mug rug?? I really have to get started on some baby quilts. There are three due between June and August in the family.

Getting the size of a large bed quilts just right is not always easy. I have several bed quilts (like most of us do). Ritzy mentions weight. Only one of my quilts has wool batting, and that one (king size) is definitely the lightest and also the warmest.
                  From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Forget the bed quilts and babies Lorchen come and play http://forum/friendship-triangle-exc...yourself-style

Comment

Wendy if you are not careful Lorchen will have to put you on the naughty step - or in time-out.... and that would probably be a lot of minutes :!: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Lorchen
                        You could consider making another quilt, Ritzy. :wink:
                        Lorchen--that quilt is the first I have done with wool batting and I had a horrible time giving it up in the middle of winter to send it to the Lancaster show. They have had it since mid-February. Making another like it is out of the question--especially since I have numerous UFO's and WIP. :roll:

Comment

Comment

My quilt is home--now will I be able to quickly get to adding a border to it?

Comment

Thanks Rita, for Sharon Pederson's tutorial. I'd never seen this one before. Guess I didn't get through all the tutorials and classes that I thought I needed, eh? Hehe, will have to put this on my "to watch" list!

Margo, I can't believe you know what minute of the recording to jump to!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 29 users online. 0 members and 29 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X