[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Help! I need motivation ! Any hints?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marilyn, your little quilt is lovely. My mom would drool all over that one--her favorite colors.

Comment

Thanks for the info Ritzy. The bows on the corners are just perfect. It's quite a pretty quilt!
      Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by ritzy
        OK! I wanted to finish this top, this summer and it is finally done. Quilting yet to come.

Ritzy, your quilt looks great!

Yours, too, Marilyn.

I love everyone's creativity. This is a great place to come if you want to get motivated.

Lorna

Comment

Ritzy I love your Christmas quilt - it's so ....Christmasy! The swag ribbons are gorgeous. The baubles and pine branches are inspired. You would almost make me think of doing another one....but maybe not. It was so big and so much work. But I do love those little 4-patches on-point. I learned a lot from doing that BOM. I hope you get it quilted by Christmas and display it with the prominence it deserves

Comment

Lovely, lovely!
            Y'all are kickin' the UFOs butts!

Comment

Ritzy, I love the quilt! I want to know about the pine boughs. I can't tell if they are printed, painted, emboidered or if it it the fabric. I love them!

Comment

Well...don't know about the butt kickin'....as the pile is deep ! But here's another one done !
                From the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle...we meet once a month at LQS...from Pam Buda.

Comment

Marilyn, Your little Mourning Quilt is just beautiful. Congratulations on finishing another one!

Comment

I like it ,too! But it was a little shall I say...boring to sew ! Can't imagine doing it by hand, but
                    perhaps it would be like meditation to the mourner...ya think ? On to the next one !

Comment

Marilyn, I really like the simplicity of the mourning quilt you made and the colors add to the meditative feel it gives to look at. A great practice quilt for a beginner like me.

Comment

Wow, Marilyn, you are just knocking them down left and right! Good job! Love the mourning quilt!

Nancy

Comment

Marilyn, I just love that quilt! I love the Irish Chain pattern even though I have never done one. I know what you mean about being boring to sew - I always feel the same way any time I do something with a very limited palette. And yet I would really love to do a red and white quilt someday. You are really flying through the UFOs at the moment.

Comment

You better start collecting then Rita and just do it, they are lovely.

You mourning quilt is lovely Marilyn, very comforting but I hope you weren't in mourning when you made it. :?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Wendy, that's called 'aiding and abetting' :lol: keep it coming!

Comment

Well...It's too hot to do anything else but sew near the AC. Many triple digit days and more to come..
                                we will start cooling slowly after mid-month....I hope ! Those are 1' sq.s ...I sewed this one while on retreat
                                last fall..it helped to just get in the zone. I hadn't thought of the pattern as Irish Chain...but guess it is near
                                to that...there are thousands of over-shot weaving patterns...and for sure they are ancient ! I've started to quilt
                                the next little quilt.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 249 users online. 0 members and 249 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X