[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Help! I need motivation ! Any hints?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Rosemary you have the opportunity to have fun. Why not make it a his and hers quilt. The side you have done is lovely and pretty, change to plainer or less flowery fabrics for the other half?

Go on you can finish it

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

It is not so much a 'his n her's' quilt as a 'hers n hers' quilt the frogs in the middle of the square in square blocks started out life as a pair of my summer culottes 8) and there is still traces of paper tissue stuck to the pocket pieces to prove it :lol: (and no I don't have any photos of me wearing them, so you will just have to use your imagination :wink: )

The funny thing is that DH thought that the dogrose side was 'loud' - until he saw the frogs & fishes :lol:

Comment

OK! I wanted to finish this top, this summer and it is finally done. Quilting yet to come.

Comment

Ver pretty, Ritzy. I love the way you did the final border. I wanted to finish mine too but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Comment

you'll have it all done for x-mas - yeahhhhhhhh
            and WOW ! :P

Comment

I love your ribbony border, Ritzy! Is it applique?
              Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

I love your Christmas quilt, Ritzy!!! (I want one!!!) It is going to look so beautiful in your house at Christmas-time. It really has a WOW quality to it. :P :P :P

Comment

Wow, for sure!
                  Your quilt looks like the most yummy package of all. Just waiting to be unwrapped!

:mrgreen:

Comment

Love the quilt Ritzy

Comment

Ritzy - Your top turned out gorgeous! Like others, I especially love the ribbon border! I'm not sure when I'll get back to mine....

Nancy

Comment

Ritzy...your top is beautiful !! Good luck with planning the quilting !....That's my hardest part ! :? Here's a pic
                        of the latest UFO finished. A little twister kit from Primitive Gatherings, it measures 13.5x15 in. I've used the
                        idea several times..always a surprise ! Now..on to the next one !

Comment

Your little quilt reminds me of maple leaves in the fall, Marilyn... very pretty!

Comment

yes lovely hot autum colours, beautiful.

Love yours Ritzy too, I'd be so proud if I'd made that

Comment

Marilyn - Love your little quilt! And congratulations on your UFO-busting progress! I love twister quilts and have one on my to-do list in my head. Some day....

Nancy

Comment

Yes Karen, the ribbon is appliqued. I did the pieced part of that border, then added the whole piece--straight seam. Then I went back and appliqued the ribbon. I did one set of bows for the corners and hated them and so I ripped them off and started again. I like the new bows so much better.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 99 users online. 0 members and 99 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X