No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Need ideas for BRIDAL SHOWER GIFTS ( SEWN-QUILTED)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://community.webshots.com/user/LadyRags88

We just had the shower and it was a lot of fun. Great food, lots of friends. I gave away the pillows I had made for prizes. I got a lot of complements on the pillows and ideas everyone gave me.

Thank you again to all. I have included a link to my web shots page so you can see some of the prizes.

My favorite part of the whole shower was the little kids playing ...PIN THE VEIL ON THE BRIDE.... see pics

[/url]

Comment

i receintly did ababy shower for my daughter. we embrodered a towel for each guest. you could applique, just decorate it, everyone likes a pretty towel for bath or kitchen

Comment

At the time of wedding, everybody wants to look gorgeous. If u r a bridal then u may use bridal shower favors, it will adds to your beauty.

Comment

I have made hundreds of coasters using squares rather than circles and used them as take home gifts at our community Christmas Dinner for the lonely. As squares they work great as coffee mug coasters.

Another thought is Mug Rugs, basically a mini-placemat, approx 6 x 8 or 10". This size makes it big enough for a mug and a snack on the desk near the computer or in the living room on end tables.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyRags
            MY daughter is getting married and I need fast ideas to sew up for shower gifts.... Shower is in early June.....We have purchased items but I was asked to sew some quick items.

I have made Sachet for popourri
            I am making pillows ... 14 inch size with left over blocks from previous quilts

I am running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. We would like to be able to give a nice little prize / favor to everyone that comes.

What would you like to get from a bridal shower? Ladies coming are in the 30s plus age group.... a few early 20s.
            Please note that this forum request was originally posted in 2007.

Comment

Excuse the ignorance, but how does a Bridal Shower work?
              I had assumed that it was a pre wedding (girls) party, where the bride was given presents by friends;
              but having read this thread, it seems that it is the bride that has to give the presents out to the friends (extra wedding expenses :shock: :? )

:? :? :?

Comment

The gifts were probably prizes for the winners of bridal shower games. Usually the gifts would be provided by the host(s) of the bridal shower. At least that is what happened when I hosted bridal (or baby showers.)

Comment

So what actually happens? now you make it sound like a childrens birthday party!

Being in England we don't have Bridal Showers (that I know of) We have a Hen Night, whereby the bride, bride's maids and other best friends go out 'on the town' & 'paint the town red' (I believe that this is supposed to be something the chief bride's maid organises) - some much worse than others - personally I invited 5 good friends to come out for cocktails & a meal, much more staid than is seen on tv but much more me.

Comment

Hen Party = all female friends have a pre-wedding party
                    Stag Night = all male friends have a pre-wedding party

As a German loving in the UK I'd also like some more facts about this Bridal Shower tradition.
                    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Originally posted by Lorchen
                      Hen Party = all female friends have a pre-wedding party
                      Stag Night = all male friends have a pre-wedding party

As a German loving in the UK I'd also like some more facts about this Bridal Shower tradition.
                      In the US, the Bachelor party is the same as Stag Night and the Bachelorette party is the same as the Hen Party. Bachelorette parties are a more recent phenomenon as women wanted equal time. These parties range from simple get-togethers to wild sew-your-oats parties, depending on the people involved.

The Bridal Shower is like a Baby Shower in the US. These are parties designed to provide the bride-to-be or mother-to-be with needed objects to prepare them for a new phase in their life. These parties were important in the old days when money was tight and you didn't have access to stores, etc. So, in the past, the bride would be given things like dish towels and other items to help set up her new home. With the change in times, there are also some changes to these showers. We generally play games to keep the participants interested (I tend to find the games lame so try to avoid showers as much as possible!) and the gifts have sometimes changed to things like lingerie. Again, it depends on the participants. Bridal showers are sometimes themed to add interest. For example, one common theme is the "around the clock" shower. At these, each person is given a time of day on their invitation and they are to bring a gift that the bride would use at that time of day.

This, at least, is my experience.

Comment

In my area, Missouri, the bridesmaids usually host a party. (Sometimes is is the family of the bride or groom.) Usually it is just for the female relatives and friends of the bride and groom, but sometimes the spouses are invited also. Sometimes it is a luncheon, othertimes it is just cake, punch, and the like. Gifts are brought for the bride. Household items, or sometimes something sexy. Games are usually played. Like, how well do you know the bride and groom, where they ask the guest questions, like when or where did the bride and groom meet. The one with the most correct answers wins a small gift. The host may set a timer when the gifts are opened. When the timer goes off, the giver of that gift wins. Other little games may be played. No expense to the bride. The groom is sometimes present for the party too. It all just depends on how they want to do it. It is usually a fun time for all. If someone does not want to play the games, they just watch and laugh with the rest of us. :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X