No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Need ideas for BRIDAL SHOWER GIFTS ( SEWN-QUILTED)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ideas for BRIDAL SHOWER GIFTS ( SEWN-QUILTED)

MY daughter is getting married and I need fast ideas to sew up for shower gifts.... Shower is in early June.....We have purchased items but I was asked to sew some quick items.

I have made Sachet for popourri
    I am making pillows ... 14 inch size with left over blocks from previous quilts

I am running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. We would like to be able to give a nice little prize / favor to everyone that comes.

What would you like to get from a bridal shower? Ladies coming are in the 30s plus age group.... a few early 20s.

Check out Projects in EmbroideryOnline.com The Journal Cover can be sewn up in less than five minutes. Of course that doesn't cover cutting pieces or embroidery you might want to add.

Comment

Pot holders are quick and easy to make. And, you can use any quilt block you like!

Also, you can trim tea towels with fun fabric for the kitchen - maybe to match the potholders?

I have also seen a pattern for a quilted casserole dish cover. If she would ever take food to a party or pot luck, that's a good gift.

Have fun!

Comment

How about "hen" pin cushions? After the first one, they are very easy. The most difficult part is stuffing them (I use cotton fiberfill and crushed walnut shells which I get at a pet store in the bird section).
        I also agree that potholders are a big winner.
        Good luck.
        Maxxie

Comment

[size=18]http://community.webshots.com/album/557954366Dozzbj

I have collected ideas for the shower and wedding from all over the web... here are some of the ideas given to me.

I posted a link that shows the progress of my daughters wedding dress.... I am sharing this with you all cause .... no one else in the family is allowed to see it until her wedding day...... I have to talk about it to someone...... So you all are it!

quilted coasters

tea cup pin cushions from MSL

http://www.holidayorganizer.com

log cabin coasters

bath salt bags

http://www.recipesource.com/misc/non-food/gifts//

Eyeglass Case

Tissue Holder

Crazy Quilt Makeup Bag

Jewelry & Cosmetic Bags

Cards / stationary and pen set

SACHETS

PILLOWS

PURSEs

COSMETIC BAGS

PILLOW CASES… NOVELTY

Pot holders
          Kitchen towels
          Check out craft show for simple items

When my daughter got married, I made spa bags. The pattern was on Better Homes and Garden free pattern site some time ago. It is called a spa bag.
          I made 35 or more and filled them with goodies from Bath and Body works. All the Bride-maids got them with their jewelry for the wedding in theirs and nail polish for the special day.
          The rest were used for centerpieces and given away.

I think you can find it at

http://www.freequiltpatterns.com

under Better Homes and Garden. If you decide to make them and can't find the pattern, let me know, I will be more then willing to help.

Because I made so many of them, I had a plastic template cut of the pattern to speed up the cutting and it was not that expensive.

Rice filled bags / microwave

[/url]

Comment

LadyRags--lovely dress and beautiful daughter! I've never sewn garments so I'm really impressed by the dress. Luckily I have three sons so the subject of me making a wedding dress will never come up!

Comment

How about a fused quilted postcard made into refrigerator art with a magnet attached to the back?

I've made these for friends and they thought they were cool (or at least they were being polite :wink: )

Pick a shape....mine is a free-form heart. Use multi colored hand dyed fabric. (Ricky's fabric is oh so nice). Choose a dark part for the heart and a lighter part for the background.

Looks very artsy and people think you're a genius!

Comment

Absolutley beautiful daughter and dress. I just want to say that you're doing such a grand thing for your daughter. You're not just making a dress for her to wear on one day, you're giving her such wonderful memories of the process.

My mom didn't make my wedding dress, but she made me a wrap out of her wedding dress. I cherish the wrap much more than my own dress. She also made my bridesmaid dresses. Considering I know how much she hates sewing clothing this was such a grand gesture on her part. Believe me, I gave her an out, many many times!! She didn't take me up on it!

You're a wonderful woman for taking on this dress!

Comment

In this month's issue if Fons and Porters they have instructions for making these really cute bowls/baskets that might make a nice favor. I made three of them last week - they go together really fast once you get the hang of it - and I am planning on making them for everyone at Christmas time to fill with my baked goodies.

Comment

I once made fabric fortune cookies. You make a layered circle with Timtex inside, fabric on the outside surfaces. Satin stitch around the circle; spray with water (you can add liquid starch) and fold into a fortune cookie, securing the shape with a pin until "set." The formal instructions are in a book (I cannot think of the author's name) that features fabric bowls and fabric boxes. I used Lonni Rossi's Asian Kanji fabric. I used plain muslin for the fortunes----I simply ran muslin, backed on an adhesive sheet through my inkjet printer----mine were for a baby shower so I had the date of the shower, the parents' names and best wishes. I "served" the cookies in a flat basket with ginger candy purchased in our local Chinatown. It was really a fun keepsake.----Michelle

Comment

These are really wonderful IDEAS that you are giving me....I have made 6 pillows and have 4 more cut out....( YOU can see the pictures in my on line album if you click on the link below)

I am averaging one pillow each evening. I also plan to make some purses. I am making several of each item to try and make multiples of each item in different styles... contemporary... primative /folk art... traditional etc. Keep the ideas and suggestions coming as the shower is not until June.

http://community.webshots.com/album/557983873PBIMrl

On Line Album of Wedding / Shower details

http://community.webshots.com/album/557954366Dozzbj

On LIne album of my daughter's wedding dress.

http://www.angelfire.com/art3/elaine...GATHERING.html
                      NEWS from the Wednesday Gathering

http://www.angelfire.com/art3/elaine...hop/index.html
                      Quilty Shop Home Page

http://community.webshots.com/user/elainequilty

WebShots for Elaine Quilty Shop and other events.

Comment

Quilters News Network has a free pattern posted for Wine Glass Coasters made from fabric circles. I made them for Christmas gifts and they were a breeze. They're at:
                        http://www.quiltersnewsnetwork.com/r...assCoaster.pdf

Comment

Thanks for sending the link----I read the instructions but am still a bit confused----if the bottom circle is right side up how is the reverse side of the coaster finished since it is not turned inside out? I probably need to see what it looks like!

Comment

Let's see, hope I can describe them. You sew the quarter circles onto the backing and then turn the whole thing inside out. The outside of the fabric then shows on the bottom, you don't see inside of the coaster. Your wine glass then slips in between the folded quarter circles. The coaster stays on the wine glass. Make sense? Lol. I feel like my description is clear as mud!

Comment

Thanks Susie----your description is helpful----I missed that the entire coaster is turned----I think that I will try making these! Would make a nice hostess gift presented with a bottle of wine!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 70 users online. 0 members and 70 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X