[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Circles and Pumpkin Seed FMQ

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny you and Nancy should mention it, Terry! I have King Tut #935 Arabian Night for the "ghost waves" and #62 Red Metallic from Superior for the waves... I just never thought of mixing thread weights and am grateful for the suggestion. Lois, I finally have my courage built up for the rest of this quilt beyond stitch-in-the ditch, thanks to you and others who commented. THANK YOU!

Sherry, don't think I made this quilt all by myself, not at all! When I retired from the Navy a couple of years ago, my mom and two sisters (all quilters) saw "fresh meat" and decided to teach me the basics, especially my sister, Daniela who gave me my first six month subscription to TQS. Then, as soon as I knew how to use the rotary cutter, could do a 1/4" seam, and my DH, also a co-conspirator in this, convinced me that I would outgrow anything but a Bernina 830 in six months and bought this sewing machine because I'd never owned one before, they suckered me into a Round Robin and that is how this quilt came about. The center is mine and it represents the Chinese, Japanese, Korean story about how the rabbit came to have its image on the moon. I can't believe I did a circle in a circle then (with a lot of starch--big mistake!), but now that I've done ten of them for Sedona Star 2012 BOM, I feel fearless! That's probably not good! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Ah, but it is good! Your work is so beautiful, you should be fearless and add whatever touches your fancy! I think you'll love everything you add!!!

Nancy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 34 users online. 0 members and 34 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X