[vb_main_1]

What to put on your quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Renata
    Rosemary, the first time I saw this quilt you made I remember thinking about how straight and even your white border was on the back. I'm really afraid that if I were to make a backing like that, it would not be as straight and good looking.
    You could use a stick frame ala Joe Cunningham. I put adhesive tape measures on all my sticks. I have 4', 6', & 8' sticks with the tape measure begining at 0" in the center of each stick. Its a great way not only to get things square but also to line up patterns if you so choose. When I sandwich my next quilt I'll take pictures. I have an old UF0 in the practice line-up with a pieced back that I want to line up with a centered design on the top. Just wanted to see if I could do it.

Actually, I did take a couple of photos with my iPhone but it wasn't looking as if Photo Stream was finding the photos. Wouldn't you know it's there as soon as I post this. Good thing we can edit. The second photo is blurry, but you get the idea.

Comment

That's a great idea, Lois! Didn't someone do something similar on a recent TQS episode putting adhesive tape measures on old blind pieces? Was it possibly Robbi Joy Eklow? Thanks for pictures, when you get the chance to take them--it will help me tremendously!

Comment

Hi Lois - I'll be interested to see how you do this! Thanks for sharing!!

Nancy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 119 users online. 0 members and 119 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X