[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Free motion filler designs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leah, your suggestion for setting up your machine with walls behind and to the left so that the quilt can't fall off the sides and cause drag is awesome! It makes so much sense. Thanks for taking the time to make these videos!

Maggie in E. Central Illinois

Comment

Hanne-Grete,

Thanks for your encouragment ! I've been trying out the doodling with just a pencil while I wait to get my sewing area set up. I actually have found FMQ with fabric a little easier, but I have no idea where I'm going when I do it ---kind of like learning to drive a car in an open field

I will have to remember: Cs, Es, Ls Os--that will definitely help. I have a dear friend who keeps offering to let me use her long arm with pantographs, but I'm determined to learn how to do this myself on my domestic machine.

I hope persistence is a good thing in quilting---if nothing else the rejects can become potholders, pillows for the kids or dog beds :wink:

Sue

Comment

Hi Leah

It's great to see that you are also a member here. I didn't expect to get a response from the author herself when I posted the link.

Thanks so much for creating such a great resource. As you can tell from the other people responding - it's very much appreciated.

Karen

Comment

Originally posted by SueinNH
          I hope persistence is a good thing in quilting---if nothing else the rejects can become potholders, pillows for the kids or dog beds :wink:

Sue
          You have lots of them too eh? ops: ops: ops:

Comment

Originally posted by SueinNH
            Hanne-Grete,

Thanks for your encouragment ! I've been trying out the doodling with just a pencil while I wait to get my sewing area set up. I actually have found FMQ with fabric a little easier, but I have no idea where I'm going when I do it ---kind of like learning to drive a car in an open field

I will have to remember: Cs, Es, Ls Os--that will definitely help. I have a dear friend who keeps offering to let me use her long arm with pantographs, but I'm determined to learn how to do this myself on my domestic machine.

Sue
            I do agree with you, FMQ is easier on fabric. But, when you do the doodling on paper, line up so you doole within a square. That way you learn to tackle those rough spots! When looking at quilt designs, do not feel sad if you cant get the same look, just view anything you quilt as your own singature quilting :lol: It is just as handwriting, you will not be able to write my name the same way as I do.....You will have a greate time trying it all out. If you need inspiration, visit Patsy Thompsons website. She has a number of quilt designs you can download for free. Print the disigns and play "follow the lines", it is great! But the most important is to have fun while FMQ!

Comment

Yes, Hanne-Grete, great idea--I have been to Patsy's website but need to go back. I'm also following Leah's site and watching the videos carefully.

I'm sewing a semi wholecloth quilt for my daughter who's wanted a cloud pattern comforter for her bed for years. We found just the fabric we wanted and I'll just have to piece two widths to get the size she wants.

Then I'll have wide open spaces to quilt in. We just brought a book back from the library 1000 Quilting Designs. I figure with all those to choose from, we'll be able to find many to fill up the 60" x 72". I'm definitely marking this one

Sue

Comment

Hi Sue, guess our daughers wishes are our law :lol: My daughter wants a bedspread, white, wholecloth with free motion all over it! I had a hard time finding fabric :shock: I ended up ordering a white backing fabric, that way I do not have to piece the top :wink: . Now I need to take it to work so I can have enough floorspace to mark it (just the squares and rectangles that is). I know I will enjoy doing the FMQ on the quilt, and I hope it end up looking like an old fasioned bedspread just like my DD wants. Just want to make her happy :lol:

Comment

Fantastic. I love those filler designs. Sharon Schamber has some too which I have used. I thank you so much for this web site.

Nancy in NC

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 74 users online. 0 members and 74 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X