Free motion filler designs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free motion filler designs

Hi

I found this great blog where there is a new free motion quilt pattern posted every day.

http://www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/

It's an amazing challenge the writer has set herself - 1 new pattern every day for 12 months.

Karen

Hi Thanks for sharing the site. Boy what a challenge! I have nearly all the recommended setup and tools she's talking about - but I haven't even been able to stipple and make it look decent. But using small squares and practicing might actually help!

Comment

Hi Kazzy Thank you for sharing , what a wonderful site. I have book marked it and I am sure I will use it a lot.

Dorothy UK

Comment

I had that in my favorites from somewhere else, but I haven't been checking it! I will move it up on the list and make it a daily stop!

Maggie in E. Central Illinois

Comment

Great info. Thanks for the link. Bobbi

Comment

I bookmarked it too, as a great free resource. Maybe I will finally get to conquer FMQ, after all, practice makes perfect. Thanks.

From Dorset, England

Comment

Ditto!
              Have also bookmarked it.
              Lynn

From Dorset, England

Comment

I also thank you for info on this site. This young girl is incredibly brave and talented! I know we will hear more about her in the future. (Kids these days - sheesh!) Really love the site. How come I didn't know about it before. TQS - Heads up on this young artist!!

Comment

Thanks Kazzy for this link! She is amazing...and the timing is great, as I'm just starting to do some free motion quilting! Once again, TQS is the best! I agree with others who have said we will be hearing more about this young quilter....she should definitely get a book deal out of this project! Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by kazzy
                    Hi

I found this great blog where there is a new free motion quilt pattern posted every day.

http://www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/

It's an amazing challenge the writer has set herself - 1 new pattern every day for 12 months.

Karen
                    I just spent the morning on this link...thanks for posting it kazzy. I think I will enjoy watching her progress as the year goes on.

Living in the beautiful Carson Valley of Western Nevada

Comment

Thank you Kazzy for sharing news about my blog!

I really appreciate the overwhelming support it's been getting in the last few weeks. I really hope it helps everyone gain more confidence with free motion quilting!

Let's go quilt!

Leah Day

Living in the beautiful Carson Valley of Western Nevada

Comment

Leah,

Thanks so much for your blog and generosity in sharing ! I have no drawing skills and I never doodled in class---I wrote words----lovely for poems but don't look very good as machine quilting--LOL---so I really appreciate you sharing so clearly---there's hope for me yet !

Sue

Comment

Originally posted by SueinNH
                          Leah,

Thanks so much for your blog and generosity in sharing ! I have no drawing skills and I never doodled in class---I wrote words----lovely for poems but don't look very good as machine quilting--LOL---so I really appreciate you sharing so clearly---there's hope for me yet !

Sue
                          That is all it takes Sue!! If you feel comfortable writing, make yourself a quiltsandwich and try to "write" words with the needle. If you look at the most common shapes in free motion quilting there are O's, e's, C's and L's :shock: ..if you can write with the needle you can free motion quilt! Just try it out, I bet you will have big time FUN!!

Comment

Hi Leah, welcome to TQS!!

You have a great blog there, I've finished going through them all so far last night starting right from the beginning (interesting going upside to the front!! ).

Will you be putting them all in a book? It would make a great machine side reference.

Amo
                            UK

Comment

Yes! I do plan to put all of the designs into one book when it's done.

I searched high and low for a free motion guide with a variety of textures, but couldn't find anything.

An awesome quilter from Canada did contact me last week with just the books I've been looking for this whole time! Her name is Darlene Epp and her website is http://www.TrilliumHouseDesigns.com

But now that I've started, I can't stop creating the designs. It's weird! I'll be eating breakfast or taking my son to school and a new design will pop into my head like magic.

Thanks again for everyone's support and feedback. I really appreciate it and hope it helps everyone to get better at free motion quilting.

Let's go quilt!

Leah Day

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X