[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

John Flynn Quilting Frame

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, an update on the Easy Quilter. I called them last night and talked to the wife of the builder, at least I think so.

Anyway her suggestion was to take my cutting mat off of the table and just use it on the wood AND to just move the wheels on the front of the machine caddy part!

Well, this was like NIGHT and DAY! I played around a little after all that and I can see where it will probably be OK.

Course the other issue is I'm new and green at this, but I definately had control!

She said they have added the tracks like the English Quilter and it really improves the manuverability from the version like I have. That would cost an additional $250.

I think The English Quilter is 800-900 pounds in English currency. Surely somebody reading this can translate that, but I'm assuming it's probably around $2000 American dollars.

Comment

Lynn today the pound was $1.97
      Wendy in hot hot New Braunfels

Comment

So that would make it 'almost' double the $ which would make it about $1600-1800 dollars.

The English Quilter seems to have a pretty cool way to roll and mount the quilt.............

Comment

I am disapointed in my frame. It was terrible to thread the machine and not easy to move around either. Finally gave up and just did it as before with basting spray. I had also bought the kit to change over from the wood. Not enough room to quilt without having to stop and constantly move the quilt in the frame and re-adjust it all. I will gladly send mine to someone if they want to try and use it.

Comment

I am also disappointed with mine. But I haven't tried it since I got my new Viking Sapphire that has 10" of throat space. That might help.

I've found that the wooden rails are great for basting quilts using Sharon Shambers' technique. At least they're getting used!

Nancy in frosty but sunny western NY

Comment

I'm going to "bump" this up and get some more comments on the Flynn frame, I hope!

I gave up on the Easy Quilter II and gave it to a friend who hasn't tried it yet. What really disappointed me was when I called to talk to them, the lady who answered responded to my statement about how easy it was to use at their booth at Quilt Festival .. by saying, "Well, it's always easier because we have it all set up just right!" But didn't really offer to share her secrets with me.

John Flynn sure makes his look easy, doesn't he? I found this video on his web site that really shows how the frame goes together and how he uses it.
              http://www.quiltstream.com/play/Quil...tiFrame_System

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 41 users online. 0 members and 41 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X