[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Hand quilting over seams...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.. The first thing I was taught in a "Beginning Quilting Class" was that saliva is one of natures best solvents and will remove blood spots when you prick your finger.

Comment

I also heard it has to be YOUR OWN saliva. Someone elses' won't work. Is this true?

Comment

Now that is interesting! I had not heard that. Thanks for sharing

Comment

I've heard that it must be your own saliva, something about the enzimes or something. Haven't had an opportunity to test this, thankfully!
          Linda in NJ

Comment

Originally posted by EllenS
            ... when you come to a seam, stitch thru the top and batting only. When you get past the seam, push the needle thru to the back and flip the quilt over, travel the needle between the layers back to the beginning and stittch thru the bottom and batting only until you get back to the end and flip the quilt back over to the top and continue quilting thru all three layers.
            Wow, now this is a great tip! I am definitely going to try this! I have a terrible time quilting over seams. Even when I stab stitch very carefully, it always ends up looking wonky. This sounds like a great solution!

Comment

I've just done a little practicing in the hand quilting and ended up doing exactly this. I came through to this section to see what I should have done. I'm glad I now have the TQS seal of approval!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 37 users online. 0 members and 37 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X