What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eileenkny
    Sherry,
    What did you use to make the glue applicator? I have to do a binding on a DWR and I'd like to save some money for the seminar!!
    eileenkny 8)
    I'm not Sherry, but you may want to check out this youtube site, eileenkny! Sharon Schamber shows how she makes hers! I did it with a bic pencil and it works great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfpRZ...eature=related

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Yep--Bic...the tip is from their disposable mechanical pencils. Do look at the youtube video. Sharon's instructions are very good and it's as easy as she makes it look. The bottle I fixed up should last just about forever. Someone said that there are tips you can buy made just for this, but personally I can't see spending the money when the pencils are so cheap. Try it out!
      Sherry in S MS where it's windy and cold outside. Brrrr!

Comment

I just used elmers glue but very little and it was just the regular tip that came with the bottle. I just put the quilt on my kitchen table. and put a scant amout of glue on the leaves that I was to put on. placed them. them walked away. came back about half an hour latter and they were ready to stitch down. I went and bought some new fusable for the other quilt that is simular to this one and haven't have a problem. So I think it was old fusible. I also went to a different craft store to get it. The lady there was very helpful and said the brand I had was very good but when I showed her what I had left of the other fusible she told me that it was deffinately old. I haven't done much applique so I didn't know what to look for. Either way thing are coming together much better.

Comment

Originally posted by 911kitchen
          I just used elmers glue but very little and it was just the regular tip that came with the bottle. I just put the quilt on my kitchen table. and put a scant amout of glue on the leaves that I was to put on. placed them. them walked away. came back about half an hour latter and they were ready to stitch down. I went and bought some new fusable for the other quilt that is simular to this one and haven't have a problem. So I think it was old fusible. I also went to a different craft store to get it. The lady there was very helpful and said the brand I had was very good but when I showed her what I had left of the other fusible she told me that it was deffinately old. I haven't done much applique so I didn't know what to look for. Either way thing are coming together much better.
          When your fusable gets "old", loosen from the paper or are all wrinkeled up, you can use an applique pressing sheat on the fusable side and give it a light press with your iron and it will be almost as good as new :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by 911kitchen
            I just used elmers glue but very little and it was just the regular tip that came with the bottle. I just put the quilt on my kitchen table. and put a scant amout of glue on the leaves that I was to put on. placed them. them walked away. came back about half an hour latter and they were ready to stitch down.
            Rachel, I'm using a bottle with a Bic tip fitted to it, and can put just tiny dots to hold applique pieces in place. I don't heat set it, and just wait about a minute before I pick it up to work on it, and it holds just fine! Also the tiny dots are easy to unstick if I need to reposition, or loosen something to make room to turn the seam allowance under with my needle! I'm really glad to have seen the Sharon Schamber videos! It's made my applique lots easier!

Comment

I like the idea of of just using alittle glue and getting it done quicker, rather then waiting. I also am glad to hear that you can fix up old fusible stuff. Sorry having issues with words today and spelling. I was hoping to have a quilt topper finished today but I have to rip out everything that I just sewed. I put some of the blocks on wrong and it makes no sense. So to know about other useful hints that are energy saving sure is nice. Thank you Rachel

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X