[vb_main_1]

Ricky's fabric

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricky's fabric

Wouldn't it be great if Jeff(the Master dyer)could give us tips on here?? :?: :idea:
    eileenkny 8)

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Well, Eileen, personally I think that that would be great if Jeff would do that........ And, how clever of you to think of it!!!!! :wink:

Hugs,
    neen

Comment

I would love to try dyeing on a small scale. I just love the hand dyed fabric. Maybe we could have a show on it hhhmmmmm?

Comment

I second the above motions. :wink:

Comment

I am going to a La Veta retreat in a couple weeks, and was considering attending the dying workshop that starts a couple days before the retreat. I decided that I am going to have to attend the dying workshop at a later date, but REALLY look forward to trying fabric dying someday. My biggest challenge is having the space to try it (no mud room nor basement with a wash tub, etc in our house) so I am a little "space challenged". I have heard that some of the dying in the La Veta workshop is done in cut 2 liter bottles, so it may be something that is easy for at home dyers. I would love to start learning (at least on-line) as I know I will eventually give it a try! Great idea, Eileen!!! Mary Kay

Comment

I am intrgued by this also and would be more than game to give it a go!

Carla

Comment

I have done the La Veta dye sessions and the time and money are both well spent. You will learn multiple methods of dyeing and special effect techniques. We dyed 20 yards of fabric in two days. Some of the methods can be used in small spaces and for small amounts of fabric. I highly suggest that a La Veta dye session be in your future. The picture of me was taken by Ricky at the dye session. They were picking on me because of my armpit length gloves. Betty Ann in RAINY Florida

Comment

You lucky people who get to go to LaVeta-- I am jealous!!

Comment

BethAnn - I think your smile in the picture says it all! A great session in LaVeta! Seriously, thanks for the recommendation. I heard that it is really good and you are confirming it! Mary Kay

Comment

The article in Quilter's Newsletter is on making ombre fabric. This can be done easily at home. It is the gradations of the ombre that make the fabric glow. You all would like it. It is in the latest Nov/Dec issue. Jan

Comment

I saw that article. It might be something to try.
                      eileenkny

Comment

Quilter's Newsletter?? I've subscribed since the 70's - for a long time it was the only thing out there. But recently I had decided to give it up - too many bunny and chicken quilts! But I have had a new interest in ombres - Sewing w/ Nancy has a series on it - so if QN has started to feature more contemporary topics, maybe I'll hang in there.

Comment

PD, I have really liked qnm alot. Almost every thing out there has stuff I don't like. I always read them on the newstand to see if there's anything worth buying them for. QNM always has a magnificent quilt on the cover, and lots of great ones as well. There's always a new paper piece block. I don't know I like reading the columns as well. Jan

Comment

I have been advocating a dying DVD by Justin and Jeff and Ellen (I think that is the name of the other dyer at Ricky's Studio - senior moment right now so if I am wrong, I apologize) I know that they do dying in gallon jars and some other techniques that those of us without a lot of space could use. So JUSTIN please please please do a DVD and the rest of you send comments here and on the contact line to Justin. Ann (a wannabee dyer)

Comment

Ann, I love you, but I don't really want a 'dying dvd'. I'd prefer a 'dyeing dvd'.

Lorchen (dyslexic and German, but in love with the English language)
                              From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X