[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

The Artist's Way

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are getting near the end of our TAW journey and I am ready to admit that I have come full circle and I’m back where I started but a lot has happened in between. I think I thought to be creative I had to do something different than what I had been doing; I had to do original designs; I had to machine quilt; I had to free motion quilt; I had to do ‘art’ quilts . I learned I don’t have to do anything but what I want to do. I love vintage and antique quilts. I love needle turn appliqué and hand quilting. I love quilts you can wrap up in and sleep under. I want to improve my skills. I want to be more creative in my hand quilting and thanks to Alex’s tutorial I can now draw feathers. I have a day job and it doesn’t matter how long it takes to finish a quilt as long as I enjoy the process. I spent my time at the Virtual Quilting Bee hand quilting my son’s quilt and I loved it.

We divide quilts into traditional vs art quilts. Any quilt that is well made and visually pleasing is an Art Quilt. Whether we piece, paper piece, needle turn, fuse, paint, bead etc. we are all turning fabric into works of art.

Comment

Well said Sandy!
      My TAW journey is leading me in the opposite direction. As much as I love all the more traditional quilts I have made with patterns, I am wanting to try quilting without a pattern. I have actually begun an improvisational quilt and we will see where it takes me! Trying to take small steps so it's not so scary!
      Linda

Comment

I think that is the beauty of thinking about things from a different perspective. We never know where we are going to end up. I learned with kids, never say never. Who knows where I will be five years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by sandytn
          I think that is the beauty of thinking about things from a different perspective. We never know where we are going to end up. I learned with kids, never say never. Who knows where I will be five years from now.
          AMEN TO THAT!! I had hoped that taking TAW journey would mysteriously lead me to discover the "art quilter" in me....but like Sandy, I just want to do good work and enjoy the journey. Maybe 5 more years will make a difference, but for now, I'm really content with the journey that I'm on today!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

It's week 12! Is anyone else still working away? It's been rather quiet on this topic for awhile. I am plugging away and still love it-- one of the best things I've done for myself.
            Linda

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 49 users online. 0 members and 49 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X