[vb_main_1]

2014 BOM started

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 BOM started

I know this isn't quite the right place, but the forum for 2014 isn't there yet.

I have started making it, so excited!

But I was wondering if anyone else was thinking about doing it as quilt-as-you-go?

Well, I haven't start it yet because I really want to do it half-sized and haven't quite figured it out yet but it seems that doing it quilt-as-you-go, would be a wonderful way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ritzy
      Well, I haven't start it yet because I really want to do it half-sized and haven't quite figured it out yet but it seems that doing it quilt-as-you-go, would be a wonderful way to do it.
      Half size - now that sounds interesting....

Comment

I wouldn't recommend half size as I have made all the blocks, not the appliqué bits though. They are fine, but I wouldn't want to do smaller. But I don't like tiny, but it would be interesting to watch someone else do it!
        I was thinking about the maths for quilt as you go, but the maths for half size would be fun.

Comment

I got all my fabric washed today! Now to iron it and then start the three blocks for this month. Maybe this weekend.

Comment

I washed my fabric right after I received my kit but I didn't iron it until today. As I was numbering each piece, I realize that I am missing the "tan" fabric from my kit. Has anyone else noticed that this piece is missing from their kit? I'm sure I have some tan fabric that I can substitute, but if someone who DID get the tan piece would please take a close-up picture of it and post, I sure would appreciate it!! I don't need it for month 1, but just want to get prepared.

Thanks.
            Rosamond

Comment

Ritzy, wouldn't half sized be just as much work? Maybe even more because you have to figure it out? Wow, check out the Y, I can't imagine that half sized!

Anyway, I got the background fabrics ordered from three different shops that have an online presence. I pondered the BlocLoc rulers until I saw the price. I'd love to make this quilt without buying anything else but maybe a bit of fabric here and there, and hope to not buy much more of that until we need backing.

I'll prep the fabrics when they come, ponder the stash, but I still have two borders from 2013 left to do. All the pieces are cut for border 3. Yeah!

I may be delusional, but after 2013, this one looks a bit easier by comparison. That's a good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by rosamondac
                I washed my fabric right after I received my kit but I didn't iron it until today. As I was numbering each piece, I realize that I am missing the "tan" fabric from my kit. Has anyone else noticed that this piece is missing from their kit? I'm sure I have some tan fabric that I can substitute, but if someone who DID get the tan piece would please take a close-up picture of it and post, I sure would appreciate it!! I don't need it for month 1, but just want to get prepared.

Thanks.
                Rosamond
                Oh dear! I haven't got that far. I'll let you know as I start ironing. Some of the pieces are fairly small. Make sure it's not hiding somewhere.

Lorna

Comment

It would be a good idea if the ones that purchased the kit would double check their fabric. It was brought to my attention by another member that the medium gold fabric states in the instructions that we should have a 1/2 yard piece. She mentioned that she only got a fat quarter. I just came upstairs to start work on my project and double checked my medium gold piece. It also was only a fat quarter. I am hoping that when the shop opens this morning, they can answer my questions about the missing tan fabric plus the smaller piece of medium gold fabric. It would just be a good idea to doublecheck the fabric along with the instructions.

Comment

I plan to make this half-size as well! I think it would make a nice wall-hanging, and the block in miniature would be a great visual impact. However, in order not to have "funky" measurements in the blocks, I might resize some of the background/blocks ratio. I'll post when I start calculations... :?

Only when BOM2013 is finished... I'm almost done (85%) on borders 7 and 8, and plan to fuse month 9 this week-end. Hopefully

Andrée

Comment

Originally posted by AndreeBergeron
                      I plan to make this half-size as well! I think it would make a nice wall-hanging, and the block in miniature would be a great visual impact. However, in order not to have "funky" measurements in the blocks, I might resize some of the background/blocks ratio. I'll post when I start calculations... :?

Only when BOM2013 is finished... I'm almost done (85%) on borders 7 and 8, and plan to fuse month 9 this week-end. Hopefully

Andrée
                      Gosh, ladies....I'm thinkin' smaller, too.! A need to fit smaller places for me...lets stay in touch !

Comment

Originally posted by idaho
                        Originally posted by AndreeBergeron

Andrée
                        Gosh, ladies....I'm thinkin' smaller, too.! A need to fit smaller places for me...lets stay in touch !
                        This is great! Let's share ideas on this!
                        Andrée

Comment

For those ambitious folks desiring to make the quilt half size, I wanted to let you know that the representative from Bloc Loc (970-635-3005) told me this morning that you can buy the rulers needed to make it "half size." I would think that would be really helpful since you are looking at such tiny geese. I think a half inch by 1 inch flying geese would be just adorable and oh so precious, but accuracy will need to be spot on I would think.

Also, she told me that TQS is selling the complete set of rulers needed if you plan on making the quilt in the size Janet designed it as.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
                          <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

With all those tiny pieces, I will make everything I can with paper-piecing. Especially the Flying Geese!
                            Andrée

Comment

Andrée, that makes even better sense. I always forget about paper piecing flying geese.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
                              <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 24 users online. 0 members and 24 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X