2014 BOM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

I was thinking we'd get official notice regarding BOM 2014 in today's newsletter, but I haven't seen the newsletter.

Comment

Thanks for all the pictures Connie! What a great quilt and the quilting is wonderful. I was going to take a year off from the BOM but I'm quickly changing my mind.

Comment

A few more detail shots from today. Notice the letters quilted into the borders, the variegated swirls in the black sashing, and the fantastic use of decorative satin stitching. Awesome!

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Photo op from today. Alex, yours truly, Mary Kay Davis, Lyric Kinard (guest on the next episode), and Lilo Bowman. What a great bunch of ladies!

Comment

I see a BOM kit and Superior threads in my very near future!

Comment

Thanks for all the wonderful photos, Connie. I'm really looking forward to learn from Janet. There is so much going on in this quilt.

living in Central Denmark
                Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Another thanks from me Connie. Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Thanks, Connie. Great pics! I have to say, I wasn't super-tempted by the 2013 BOM, but I do like this one. Are the letters embroidered/machine appliqued?

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Originally posted by eileenkny
                      Thanks, Connie. Great pics! I have to say, I wasn't super-tempted by the 2013 BOM, but I do like this one. Are the letters embroidered/machine appliqued?
                      Eileen, the letters are mostly machine appliqued, although I wouldn't swear that there aren't some embroidered ones in there as well. Janet's quilts have SOOOOO many details in them that it usually takes me several viewings before I see all that there is to see!

Comment

Thanks Connie for these great pictures. You must be having a wonderful time!

Andrée

Comment

Oh goodness! That is one spectacular quilt and I definitely plan to make it. I may forego buying the kit and use up some of my sash. I bought the Ruffled Roses kit and still haven't touched it so I can't justify another kit. :cry: And I love the colors in the thread box. I am surprised it hasn't been in the Newsletter yet.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by DebbieWolf
                            Oh goodness! That is one spectacular quilt and I definitely plan to make it. I may forego buying the kit and use up some of my sash. I bought the Ruffled Roses kit and still haven't touched it so I can't justify another kit. :cry: And I love the colors in the thread box. I am surprised it hasn't been in the Newsletter yet.
                            I am also surprised.

Comment

Connie, thank you for posting the photos of the new BOM. I didn't think to take photos of it while there. Friends, I can tell you this is a spectacular, happy, and fun quilt! As Connie mentioned, the details are amazing! I could have looked at it for hours. Connie, it was great to meet you in person! I'm looking forward to spending more time with you.

Comment

Connie, you rock!! Thank you for the super pictures.

It's a very attractive quilt. I may be tempted........ I normally stay away from the BOMs because there just isn't enough time in my life for big projects like that.
                                From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 116 users online. 0 members and 116 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X